Supernova frontman - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Supernova frontman

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby josebach » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:08 am

Redskins Win wrote:Now on to this show. Every week (not that I watched every week) I hoped that lukas dork would not make but some how he did. Magni was better, but i think ultimately the band probably felt they could control this guy the most ego-wise that is.
Dilanna was more talented but the guys know the pitfalls of having a chick in the band.

I don't think it had anything to do with ego. I thought Magni and Toby were both completely generic and unoriginal.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:27 am

josebach wrote:Yup, my wife and I started watching this show about 10 weeks ago and I had him pegged as the winner the first time I saw him sing. I didn't think there was any chance that they would choose a female lead singer and he by far had the most original voice of all the men. Even with the background of the rest of the band, I think Lukas brings a sense of merit to the band. I was afraid they might choose Toby and "sell out", but they stuck with the only guy I would actually be intersted in listening too. Kudos to Supernova. ;-D

(I liked Ryan too, but he wasn't a good fit)

wait...what? They had a reality show to find their lead singer...they sold out the minute they put that gimmick band together

i watched the show...but the longer it went on the less and less interested i became and the more i realized how bad that "band" is going to suck
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:12 pm

josebach wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
PS: I didn't watch one episode of that garbage.

If you didn't watch one episode, how can you say it was garbage? They played tons of covers by great bands like Pink Floyd, the Who, The Beatles, The Stones... that's garbage? On top of that, near the end, the remaining contestants could all sing an original... most of which were worth listening to.

This wasn't American Idol. Every singer I saw (at least in the last 10 weeks) was talented. I thought it was a good show and plan on watching it next season as well.

IMO, reality TV = garbage.

I don't care how good the singers were or which bands they covered. To me just the idea of the show is garbage.

Just my opinion.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby josebach » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:46 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
josebach wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
PS: I didn't watch one episode of that garbage.

If you didn't watch one episode, how can you say it was garbage? They played tons of covers by great bands like Pink Floyd, the Who, The Beatles, The Stones... that's garbage? On top of that, near the end, the remaining contestants could all sing an original... most of which were worth listening to.

This wasn't American Idol. Every singer I saw (at least in the last 10 weeks) was talented. I thought it was a good show and plan on watching it next season as well.

IMO, reality TV = garbage.

I don't care how good the singers were or which bands they covered. To me just the idea of the show is garbage.

Just my opinion.

I very much agree that most reality TV is garbage, but to say ALL reality TV is garbage is sterotyping. I can definitely think of a worst way to spend an hour than listening to a bunch of live performances of great rock n roll covers.

Just my opinion. ;-)
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby mrblitz » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:23 pm

I really wasn't too thrilled with the show , the band or the winner. I think they are going to make their millions, do the tour, and that will be all from them.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk