Fatal Shooting at my old college today... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Fatal Shooting at my old college today...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:12 am

dream_017 wrote:It just amazes me that people do this

Sad :-t

That's my thing. How is someone actually capable of this? Obviously mentally inept, I suppose, but how does that go undetected. I know it does all the time, I'm just appalled that it does.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:06 am

josebach wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:<insert society's downfall speech here>

I'm sure the United States is somehow responsible. ;-7

At least they got him. Hopefully, nobody else dies. :-/

Actually they didn't get crap. He shot himself and died.
So like columbine all his angst and reasons why will become speculative at best.

It's really sad that he had to shoot so many others before ultimately shooting himself. He should've just done that in the first place. but then no one would be talking about him. Mission accomplished. :-t
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:12 am

Redskins Win wrote:Actually they didn't get crap. He shot himself and died.

CNN said he died in an exchange of gunfire with the police.

CNN wrote:The shooting began at 12:41 p.m., Delorme said, when two police officers -- responding to an unrelated call -- heard gunfire and spotted a gunman outside the school. The officers followed the gunman into the building, engaging him minutes later in an exchange of fire that killed him.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/ ... index.html

Either way, the guy was a psycho.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:15 am

Even then it'll still be speculative. I heard this last night flipping through the radio. Unbelievable. And then he went on to say that gun control was too strict in Canada...
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:21 am

josebach wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:Actually they didn't get crap. He shot himself and died.

CNN said he died in an exchange of gunfire with the police.

CNN wrote:The shooting began at 12:41 p.m., Delorme said, when two police officers -- responding to an unrelated call -- heard gunfire and spotted a gunman outside the school. The officers followed the gunman into the building, engaging him minutes later in an exchange of fire that killed him.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/ ... index.html

Either way, the guy was a psycho.

true dat!

i got my info from another board
MONTREAL - A gunman in a black trench coat opened fire Wednesday in the cafeteria of a Montreal college and wounded at least 12 people — six critically — before shooting himself, witnesses and authorities said.

Scores of panicked students at Dawson College near downtown fled into the surrounding streets after the shooting broke out in the school of about 10,000. Some had clothes stained with blood.

Police spokesman Ean Lafreniere said there was just one gunman at the school and the search for any others was over.

Martine Millette of the Montreal police said the gunman later shot himself. Constable Philippe Gouin said "in all probability, the suspect has committed suicide."

CBC-TV showed police with guns drawn standing behind a police cruiser as a SWAT team swarmed the 12-acre campus.

Seeta Ramdass of Montreal General Hospital said 12 people, were admitted, including six who were in critical condition. Two were listed in serious condition and four were stable.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:33 am

Redskins Win wrote:but then no one would be talking about him. Mission accomplished. :-t

Pretty much. Some desperate attempt at attention and a pathetic perception of revenge. :-t
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:24 am

Not to lesson the heinousness of what he did, but with the amount of fire power he had it could have been much worse. My heart goes out to the family of the woman killed and I hope the 6 people in critical condition make full recoveries. :,-(
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:48 pm

Metroid wrote:Not to lesson the heinousness of what he did, but with the amount of fire power he had it could have been much worse. My heart goes out to the family of the woman killed and I hope the 6 people in critical condition make full recoveries. :,-(

That's why my original post mentioned that this idiot's lack of ability to aim saved a lot of lives. I know the area this took place in quite well as I wasted a lot of my college years hanging out there, and it's a wide open area with anywhere from 100-500 people going through it at any one point. If the guy had been seriously aiming and picking targets he could have killed 20 people easily. They had a witness on the radio today and he saw the guy (watching from cover on a higher floor) take at least 20 shots - had those been aimed fire instead of from-the-hip Hollywood shots I think this tragedy would have been much much worse...

The family of the one girl who died only found out at 9:45pm, until then they were holding out hope that she just hadn't been able to contact them yet...

Local papers report that the guy was a Goth who posted on vampirefreaks.com and said he hated the world and everything in it, and the quote they are throwing around is "Life's a video game, you gotta die sometime"... Be prepared to hear a bunch of the anti-video-game crowd come out of the woodwork over the next few days and blame this on violent PS2 games :-t
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Fireball Express » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:19 am

Care to look into his warped mind?
Here's his journal from that Vampire site. I did some digging.

http://vampirefreaks.com/journal.php?pg=1&u=fatality666

I read all 18 pages. Something tells me that this guy's parents didn't give him enough hugs when he was a kid. He hates everyone and seems very paranoid.

"How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of Gore, Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your Overlords!" - Zep
Fireball Express
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fireball Express » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:44 am

lmcjaho wrote:Local papers report that the guy was a Goth who posted on vampirefreaks.com and said he hated the world and everything in it, and the quote they are throwing around is "Life's a video game, you gotta die sometime"... Be prepared to hear a bunch of the anti-video-game crowd come out of the woodwork over the next few days and blame this on violent PS2 games :-t

I'm not a gamer so I wouldn' know. He mentions a games called Postal and World of Warcraft. What are those games like?

You can't say the writing wasn't on the wall. Here some quotes from this guy's blog.

Thor God of Thunder
Let me die with a sword in my hand

Vengeance is coming

It will be a quiet and peacefull morning. A light drizzle will be starting up. The clouds will be grey, so grey. Just the way I like it. Disembowled bodies litter the streets. Some have been decapitated, others hung off bridges and over-passes. Yet, others still lie burning. Flames slowly eatting away at their putrid flesh. Glorious. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA They have paid this day, they truly have paid. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Stop praying to your imaginary gods little monkeys

Because i'm the only god you need to pray to

I AM GOD.......Heil Heil Heil

Turn this f#*king world into a graveyard
Crush all those who stand in your way

Let there be a river of blood in your wake
Walk through that river with pride

You are their hero
The true hero

Don't you just love freshly dug graves
I do

I hate this world
I hate the people in it
I hate the way people live
I hate god
I hate the deceivers
I hate betrayers
I hate religious zealots
I hate everything

I hate so much

Pretty disturbing to say the least.

"How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of Gore, Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your Overlords!" - Zep
Fireball Express
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk