which type pf fantasy game is the most played? Salary cap or - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

which type pf fantasy game is the most played? Salary cap or

Moderator: Football Moderators

which type pf fantasy game is the most played? Salary cap or

Postby tompas » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:09 am

which type of fantasy football is the most popular?

The salary cap or the Draft one?
tompas
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BraylonIsAStud » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:43 am

Though I have no stats to back me up here, I'm pretty sure it's the draft.
8/14 Take LT #1...don't buy into the LJ hype
BraylonIsAStud
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tompas » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:38 am

i also think so , but i don't know how to get some thing to back me up
tompas
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:09 pm

It's easily draft leagues. Just look at all the leagues on the cafe. There are a few salary cap leagues but the majority of the leagues are draft leagues. Also, the majority of the fantasy sites (yahoo, nfl.com, aol, etc.) host mostly draft leagues.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby latraffic » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:36 pm

How scientific does your data need to be on the question? You could always run it as a poll question here in the Cafe. You could get a general idea that way.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby tompas » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:39 pm

i think you are right, i will try to run a pool here.
tompas
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby citybirds27 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:40 pm

The thing that I would use for leagues with my friends or serious leagues is definetely draft, but I sort of like Salary Cap ones since they're fun, so I try to have one league thats salary cap ;-D
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby tompas » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:02 am

from my point of view, the draft type leagues has an edge of allowing only one "player" in the league (i mean by that , that there is only one Ben Roethlisberger in this league that can be owned by one fantasy manager), on the other end , the salary cup are like an continuing auction allowing multiply players choosing, I personally prefers the salary cap type.
tompas
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Madison » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:07 pm

tompas wrote:from my point of view, the draft type leagues has an edge of allowing only one "player" in the league (i mean by that , that there is only one Ben Roethlisberger in this league that can be owned by one fantasy manager), on the other end , the salary cup are like an continuing auction allowing multiply players choosing, I personally prefers the salary cap type.

Not sure if you realize this, so my apologies in advance if I'm telling you something you already know, but there are "auction" leagues where each team has a salary cap and there's only 1 of each player availiable. The person who bids the most on Ben Roethlisberger gets him, takes the hit in salary, and no one else can have him.

So there's actually 3 types of leagues being discussed in this thread:

Regular draft leagues - By far the most popular.
Auctions - Gaining steam and growing.
Salary Cap games - Don't really know. Not a fan of it at all.

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:11 am

tompas wrote:from my point of view, the draft type leagues has an edge of allowing only one "player" in the league (i mean by that , that there is only one Ben Roethlisberger in this league that can be owned by one fantasy manager), on the other end , the salary cup are like an continuing auction allowing multiply players choosing, I personally prefers the salary cap type.

I've never even heard of a league that allows more than 1 owner to own the same player. Don't take offense to this, but I think that's stupid. Fantasy football is supposed to try and emulate the real NFL. Last I checked each player plays for only 1 team. How is it fun when you have matchups against another team that's actually playing some (or maybe all) of the same players as you? That's the whole point of fantasy football. You get your team, I get my team, and we see who's team is best. Having a league where more than 1 owner can own the same players doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe I'm missing something but couldn't every owner end up with almost the same exact team? So we both have Manning, we both have LJ & LT2, we both have S.Smith & CJ, we both have Gates, we both have Chic D, and the game comes down to who has the better kicker????? Unless I'm missing something that makes no sense to me. :-?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Next

Return to Cafe Games Talk