Oregon vs. Oklahoma - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Oregon vs. Oklahoma

Moderator: Football Moderators

Oregon vs. Oklahoma

Postby Metroid » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:47 pm

I figured I might as well start a thread on this game. Looks to me like it should be a real good game and the Ducks got a good shot at pulling it out at home. Heres a few stats on the Ducks none of which really mean much to this game but I found some of them interesting.

• Oregon is 23-1 in non-conference home games under head coach Mike Bellotti.
• Under Bellotti, Oregon is 31-5 overall in regular-season non-conference contests
• Under Coach Bellotti, the Ducks are 4-0 at home vs. Top 25 non-conference teams
• Oregon’s last loss to a non-conference foe was a 31-7 defeat at then-No. 2 Oklahoma in 2004(Ouch!)
• Oregon is 0-6 agianst Oklahoma(Gotta change that on Sat.)

Any thoughts on the game?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:53 pm

What time is kickoff?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:01 pm

Oklahoma seems to be in disarray right now without Bomar and looked pretty awful in their first couple games this year. Oregon will probably take those ones at home.

Those stats are kind of a joke though. Since you're saying their last loss was week 2 in '04 I guess it's obvious you're not counting Bowl games, which means the teams since were Idaho, Houston, Montana, and Fresno State.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby moonhead » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:19 pm

oklahoma in the holiday bowl.

anyway, oklahoma is going to run adrian peterson over, around, and through the quacks.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Metroid » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:11 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Oklahoma seems to be in disarray right now without Bomar and looked pretty awful in their first couple games this year. Oregon will probably take those ones at home.

Those stats are kind of a joke though. Since you're saying their last loss was week 2 in '04 I guess it's obvious you're not counting Bowl games, which means the teams since were Idaho, Houston, Montana, and Fresno State.

The stats I listed are all regular season of course why would I list bowl games? Its not a bowl game on Saturday. You found the other 4 non conference wins since and felt it relevent to post them why dont you dig up the other 31 wins? Maybe I'm reading into your post a little too much but it seems like you're trying to bait me into another argument.
Last edited by Metroid on Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metroid

Postby Metroid » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:14 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:What time is kickoff?

Kick off is at 12:30 west coast time. ;-D
Metroid

Postby ShoelessJoe » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:48 pm

Metroid wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:What time is kickoff?

Kick off is at 12:30 west coast time. ;-D

Unfortunately the 330 est game on ABC means I'm not sure how much of the country will get the game. That's too bad, I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't get it here, I wanna see Jonathan Stewart.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby HskrPwr13 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:47 pm

Obviously as a Big 12 fan I'd like to say OU will win, but I just dont see it this time. This team hasnt looked any better than it looked last year when it lost to TCU with Thompson at QB. OUs best bet in this game is to run Peterson to death and throw in play action passes and bootlegs every 4/5 plays even if they're behind. If I'm UO, I stack the line and force Thompson to beat us with his head and arm. I dont think Thompson has the ability to win this game. I think UO wins possibly by 2 scores.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Metroid » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:26 am

HskrPwr13 wrote:Obviously as a Big 12 fan I'd like to say OU will win, but I just dont see it this time. This team hasnt looked any better than it looked last year when it lost to TCU with Thompson at QB. OUs best bet in this game is to run Peterson to death and throw in play action passes and bootlegs every 4/5 plays even if they're behind. If I'm UO, I stack the line and force Thompson to beat us with his head and arm. I dont think Thompson has the ability to win this game. I think UO wins possibly by 2 scores.

Man I hope you're right. Unfortunatly the Ducks most athletic and experenced corner Jackie Bates broke his leg last week agianst Fresno St and is out for the regular season. :-t Thompsons air attack just got a little eaiser.

Also on offense one of UOs top two recievers a strained right leg and is questionable. And I can only hope Stewart is close to 100% by game time. :-D

Go Ducks! :-b
Metroid

Postby Sandrock » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:52 am

Since my Beavers have a bye and I won't be traveling to Corvallis, I'll be watching this game from my couch. I'm expecting a close game, no more than 2 tds at the end.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to College Football