Oregon vs. Oklahoma - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Oregon vs. Oklahoma

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moonhead » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:53 am

there's only one thing left to be said in this thread.

dirka dirka muhammad jihad.

someone please lock this down. it's become a flame war. and it's too bad. it was a good game that ended on a sour note. i feel bad for both schools. boren is an idiot. bob stoops is an idiot. the pac 10 officials are corrupt. the pac 10 is a joke. and i'm a drunk asshole. so there, we've covered all the bases. have a good night. :-t

oh and all oklahoma fans are sore losers and whiners.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby HskrPwr13 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:44 am

moonhead wrote:there's only one thing left to be said in this thread.

someone please lock this down. it's become a flame war. and it's too bad. it was a good game that ended on a sour note. i feel bad for both schools. boren is an idiot. bob stoops is an idiot. the pac 10 officials are corrupt. the pac 10 is a joke. and i'm a drunk asshole. so there, we've covered all the bases. have a good night. :-t

Ya, and all Husker fans are arrogant. :-b Theres only one person on here thats acting a fool and the mods should address that person specifically.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:49 am

There's only one Moonhead! ;-D

C'mon, Moon...
You forgot us Duck fans!!!!!!!
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Metroid » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:35 pm

Me too!! we should get drunk and fight! !+) :-b

yeah yo did forget....duck fans=whiners too. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby dream_017 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:39 pm

Bobby Knight responds wrote:OKLAHOMA CITY -- Texas Tech basketball coach Bob Knight, whose Red Raiders lost to Oklahoma on a controversial call three years ago, said he knows how fans feel about wanting a forfeit after OU's loss to Oregon on Saturday.

Knight called for Oklahoma to forfeit its basketball game with Tech on Jan. 20, 2003, when the Sooners won 69-64 in overtime at Norman after two clock controversies in the final seconds of regulation. Video replay later showed the game clock started late after OU in-bounded the ball on the game-tying drive.

"Maybe now those people at Oklahoma understand what I was talking about," Knight told The Oklahoman.

"Had Oklahoma forfeited that game against us like I suggested, they would have gotten far more positive publicity out of that than if they had gone to the Final Four that year. Now I guess the 'duck' is swimming in the other pond."

Oregon scored two touchdowns late to beat Oklahoma 34-33, including the game-winner that came after the Ducks recovered an onside kick. Video replay showed Oregon touched the ball before it went the required 10 yards, but the replay official did not overturn the call.

The replay official, Gordon Riese, who was suspended by the Pac-10 for one game, requested a leave of absence for the remainder of the season, the league announced Wednesday
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:47 pm

dream_017 wrote:
Bobby Knight responds wrote:OKLAHOMA CITY -- Texas Tech basketball coach Bob Knight, whose Red Raiders lost to Oklahoma on a controversial call three years ago, said he knows how fans feel about wanting a forfeit after OU's loss to Oregon on Saturday.

Knight called for Oklahoma to forfeit its basketball game with Tech on Jan. 20, 2003, when the Sooners won 69-64 in overtime at Norman after two clock controversies in the final seconds of regulation. Video replay later showed the game clock started late after OU in-bounded the ball on the game-tying drive.

"Maybe now those people at Oklahoma understand what I was talking about," Knight told The Oklahoman.

"Had Oklahoma forfeited that game against us like I suggested, they would have gotten far more positive publicity out of that than if they had gone to the Final Four that year. Now I guess the 'duck' is swimming in the other pond."

Oregon scored two touchdowns late to beat Oklahoma 34-33, including the game-winner that came after the Ducks recovered an onside kick. Video replay showed Oregon touched the ball before it went the required 10 yards, but the replay official did not overturn the call.

The replay official, Gordon Riese, who was suspended by the Pac-10 for one game, requested a leave of absence for the remainder of the season, the league announced Wednesday

The bolded part is the big difference there. As I've tried and tried to stress throughout this thread there is a difference between a questionable call later seen to be bad and 3 god-awful calls within seconds of each other all of which were at the time reviewed and despite very obvious proof to the contrary shot down due to convoluted explanations that really few people could even possibly dream up.

As I've said a bazillion times in this thread, I've seen a bazillion bad calls cost teams games, and never has there been one like this and that was this easy to get right at the time.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Sandrock » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:04 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:Ya, and all Husker fans are arrogant. :-b Theres only one person on here thats acting a fool and the mods should address that person specifically.

Look at the ego on you. It takes more than one person to constitute a flame war, but I wouldn't expect that you could understand such a complicated issue.

And I never said all Husker fans are arrogant. Just two of you.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:21 pm

The idiot...I mean official who blew that on-sides kick call will be suspended.....later. There's an official shortage, so it's a suspension to be named later. :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kingctb27 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:32 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:OK, if your strategy is stop AD, good luck. He is man child. 140 yards in the 4th quarter. The kid is absolutely the best player in the NCAA.

As for top back, you say I am ranking Stewart highly because of his #1 ranking (not true) and not because of game experience, and then you throw out Moody (Gable is better) and Chris Wells, who are both true freshmen and have played in 2 and 3 games respectively?

If you had seen Stewart you would know he is the real deal.

Irons you can argue (I am a big fan), and possibly Slaton (although he has to play somebody) but Moody and Wells are not in the same breath as Stewart.

I said long term when I ranked the backs. Sure Stewart is better than those 2 at this point. Like you said they have to prove alot, yes, but on talent alone I gotta give it to them over Stewart even though it is really close.
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:22 pm

kingctb27 wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:OK, if your strategy is stop AD, good luck. He is man child. 140 yards in the 4th quarter. The kid is absolutely the best player in the NCAA.

As for top back, you say I am ranking Stewart highly because of his #1 ranking (not true) and not because of game experience, and then you throw out Moody (Gable is better) and Chris Wells, who are both true freshmen and have played in 2 and 3 games respectively?

If you had seen Stewart you would know he is the real deal.

Irons you can argue (I am a big fan), and possibly Slaton (although he has to play somebody) but Moody and Wells are not in the same breath as Stewart.

I said long term when I ranked the backs. Sure Stewart is better than those 2 at this point. Like you said they have to prove alot, yes, but on talent alone I gotta give it to them over Stewart even though it is really close.

We'll have to agree to disagree, I could maybe see Wells in Stewart's league, but Moody isn't close.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to College Football