If Indy takes a big lead Addia not Rhodes. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

If Indy takes a big lead Addia not Rhodes.

Moderator: Football Moderators

If Indy takes a big lead Addia not Rhodes.

Postby Crystalstorm » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:46 am

If indy takes a big lead by say end of the 1st half or mid 3rd quarter,it will be Addia getting most of the touches in garbage time. Indy already knows pretty much what Rhodes can do.I'm sure they would like to se what Addia can do for a quarter and 1/2 in an extended role.
I bet you Addia out preforms Rhodes in this game overall,because he will get mopup duty.Not Rhodes.Why would the keep the so called starter in the game and risk injury if they have a big lead. I bet they both get touch downs,but Addia will get more total yards.I think Addia is abetter Flex player out of the 2,if you have that option in your league.even a better option if you get points for a rec.
When Addia out preforms Rhodes in this game.Then you can talk about who should be the starter after this week.Don't forget Addia is still learning the sytem.Rhodes knows it and he still sucks.
I don't own either,I've just been reading how Rhodes will have a big game.But it's Addia that will.A few more weeks and Addia owners will be happy.
Crystalstorm
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigMusky » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:11 am

It is really easy to tell who is in the game because the move at such different speeds it is not even funny. I think that once Addai gets the system down there is no debate who will get all the playing time. Addai has the run plays down, the problem is in the passing game. So I doubt you will see much more of Addai then Rhodes down the stretch in mop up duty.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FatFoot » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:55 am

I think that's a HUGE assumption (Addai getting significant carries in garbage time). I wouldn't want to play that kind of hunch.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:07 pm

Yea, I wouldn't play Addai based on this type of reasoning. When you get into trying to predict the thought processes of coaches you'll get into trouble when you use that as proof.

I agree that Addai looked better than Rhodes running the ball, but I don't see him overtaking him this week and Rhodes will still get his good fair share of the carries this week. They'll probably get more this week than last with the weaker Houston defense but I don't see Addai getting more than Rhodes.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby skinsfan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:14 pm

Remember in Manning's record-setting TD season? He threw 6TD in that game and Indy ran up the score on the poor Texans. Sure Edge had a great game too, but they didn't exactly try to take the air out of the ball once they had an insurmountable lead.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Crystalstorm » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:43 pm

You don't get it.Indy needs to work on their running game.If they have a big lead they won't still be throwing the ball much.They want to esablish the Runnung game,if they have a big lead.
Addia has the running part down,but thats why they will play him more in garbage time,to get him use to pass protection and pass plays,why would Rhodes need to be in there ????Rhodes already knows the system,every year Rhodes production has been declining.Addia is there future,not Rhodes.So it's more important for Addia to get touches when they have a big lead.
Come Monday you will see I was correct.You need to think like a coach.
Crystalstorm
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BigMusky » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:56 pm

PRACTICE? We are talking about PRACTICE! Not a Game, but PRACTICE!

First off, no blow out is guaranteed in the NFL. Second, he is more concerned about winning then practicing his run game. They will do whatever they do best to keep the ball moving, eating up clock and then scoring. The colts are not going to run the ball three times in a row and risk punting. That is Bears football, not the Colts.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ball of goof » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:00 pm

Well, virtually all of the info i am coming across this week simply dismisses the Colt's running game out of hand. Therefore, I am expecting Indy to get a lead and then use a relatively weak Texans defense to help get their running game in order. The Colt's need to be able to run the ball effectively, of course.

I think Rhodes will be the primary benefactor this weekend as he is the veteran and Addai is still in the learning curve; something like last week: two-thirds of carries for Rhodes.

Disclaimer: I am playing against PManning, and picked up Rhodes this week as rb2 to self-fulfill my prophecy.
ball of goof
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby saundman2000 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:07 pm

I can buy what Crystalstorm is saying.

It's obvious that once a team gets a big lead, they run the ball. That's called conventional wisdom.

It's not a stretch to imagine that they would use this opportunity to give Addai some reps.

I read this earlier and wasn't going to respond, but there seemed to be a lot of arguement against Addai's chances of getting a good number of reps if there is a garbage time. I have to say I'm more inclined to go along with the original poster's logic. It's not exactly going way out on a limb or anything profound, but I can see it.

However, I would not be putting Addai in my starting fantasy lineup just yet. If I had him though, I'd be watching this weeks game really intently. If he doesn't get good reps against the Texans, when will he?
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:34 pm

Crystalstorm wrote:You don't get it.Indy needs to work on their running game.If they have a big lead they won't still be throwing the ball much.They want to esablish the Runnung game,if they have a big lead.
Addia has the running part down,but thats why they will play him more in garbage time,to get him use to pass protection and pass plays,why would Rhodes need to be in there ????Rhodes already knows the system,every year Rhodes production has been declining.Addia is there future,not Rhodes.So it's more important for Addia to get touches when they have a big lead.
Come Monday you will see I was correct.You need to think like a coach.

Dude, i understand what you are saying here, but you really sound like an addai owner who has no better options at RB. It seems like you want to start him, but you need others to justify it for you.

Now, i do think they will run the ball plenty, but i really dont see either back getting significantly more time than the other. It is unfortunate for fantasy footballers, but more and more teams are starting to adopt a committee running system, as it keeps their guys healthier. I do think indy likes addai, but they also like rhodes. If they werent confident in rhodes, they would have made a better effort to keep james.

Until one guy steps up and becomes the guy in indy, i wouldnt assume anything. as of yet, addai has showed nothing good enough to put him in a class above rhodes. Expect them to share carries pretty equally until one of them steps it up a notch

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk