If Indy takes a big lead Addia not Rhodes. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

If Indy takes a big lead Addia not Rhodes.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby josebach » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:53 pm

Crystalstorm wrote:You don't get it.Indy needs to work on their running game.If they have a big lead they won't still be throwing the ball much.They want to esablish the Runnung game,if they have a big lead.
Addia has the running part down,but thats why they will play him more in garbage time,to get him use to pass protection and pass plays,why would Rhodes need to be in there ????Rhodes already knows the system,every year Rhodes production has been declining.Addia is there future,not Rhodes.So it's more important for Addia to get touches when they have a big lead.
Come Monday you will see I was correct.You need to think like a coach.

We get it, we're not stupid. Regardless as to whether you're right or not, any benefit Addai might receive via mop up duty late in the game will be offset by the fact that Indy has already shown Rhodes to be the goal line back.

Personally, I wouldn't play either.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:53 pm

Personally, I don't think Rhodes is really THAT much more proven than Addai is, so I don't see why they both wouldn't get carries in garbage time this week. I don't think it's crazy to think that they'll be running a lot at the end of the game, but I think that to say that Addai is much more likely to get more carries than Rhodes is nothing but pure speculation and is unfounded in anything. I think they will give them both time and just try to get used to rotating them in and out more like what we saw last week.

It's not that we didn't get what you were saying, we just don't agree with you at all. Your claims that it will be Addai and not Rhodes at the end of the game really have nothing to stand on other than your own speculation.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Chaucer » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:58 pm

Crystalstorm wrote:You don't get it.Indy needs to work on their running game.If they have a big lead they won't still be throwing the ball much.They want to esablish the Runnung game,if they have a big lead.
Addia has the running part down,but thats why they will play him more in garbage time,to get him use to pass protection and pass plays,why would Rhodes need to be in there ????Rhodes already knows the system,every year Rhodes production has been declining.Addia is there future,not Rhodes.So it's more important for Addia to get touches when they have a big lead.

In that case let me be the first to say, "Addia"?
Chaucer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Crystalstorm » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:04 pm

Sorry I'm NOT an Addai owner.My RB's in a 12 team league,which I've been in for over 12 years are Edge,C.Williams,Gore,Pittman and Turner.If I had Addai,I wouldn't even be thinking of starting him.My league has a flex position.and that spot is already nicely filled with Gore.
I'm not calling anyone stupid.But I'm just stating my opinion that I strongly believe in.Once again If Indy takes a big lead,Addai will be getting most of the touches.They didn't take Addai in the 1st round,so that they could play Rhodes if they have a big lead.Rhodes doesn't need the touches,I'm sure Indy would rather give their #1 pick most of the action if they go up big.Addai needs to learn the system not Rhodes.Plus I think they would like to try and justify that Addai was worth their 1st round pick.
You don't get experiance sitting on the bench,and thats where Addai won't be if Indy goes up big.
Crystalstorm
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mrblitz » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:24 pm

I think you will see Rhodes getting most of the touches as long as he stays healthy.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby SniperShot » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:27 pm

I think if Indy goes up big which they will. Addai will see more carries. Don't ask me why or how, I just have a feeling he will.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:23 pm

SniperShot wrote:I think if Indy goes up big which they will. Addai will see more carries. Don't ask me why or how, I just have a feeling he will.

Agreed...they are going to want to see what he can do in live game action during the regular season. It only makes sense. I think Rhodes is still the starter and all that, but why not get Addai some reps when they can and keep Rhodes fresh? Indy shouldn't have a problem with Houston, but who knows...they have played them tough a few times...just gotta see how the game develops.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:34 pm

I think this is a pretty logical idea. I will probably end up starting Addai in one league (my other chouices aint great) So hopefully he has a nice little game.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DGroundhog » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:03 am

Yeah, I 'get it'.

Probably not a bold play or anything, but instead of Fragile Freddy (or Wily Wali) I'm going Addai in the Flex spot on one team I really don't care about so much. Not exactly a resounding statement of support for Addai, but given a poor matchup for my borderline flex player I feel like Addai is a better play than Freddy this week.

Freddy did well for me week 1, but i'm not rolling them dice against Pittsburgh.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FatFoot » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:44 am

Nah, I don't buy it. At least not to the point where Addai will g4et significantly more carries, or be a more viable play. To the extent that "we will rest our starters if we're absolutely destroying a team" you may get more garbage time, but I think Indy is going down RBBC road, with Rhodes getting around 60% and Addai getting the rest. I don't think there's any FF significance to your prediction, and I don't think there's any "news" to the idea that Addai will see the ball.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk