Vick better than Delhomme - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Vick better than Delhomme

Moderator: Football Moderators

Vick better than Delhomme

Postby First & Goal » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:25 pm

Depending on your league scoring, Vick could be a better fantasy QB than del homme.

It all depends on the ratio of points per rushing yard vs. points per passing yard.

In an NFL.com league (1 pt/10 rushing yard, 1 pt/25 passing yards) Vick actually ends up as a slightly better fantasy QB. Again, it all depends on your scoring.

Just thought I'd share, as I'm starting Vick over Delhomme at least until Steve Smith gets back.
First & Goal
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Vick better than Delhomme

Postby Pete123444 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:58 pm

First & Goal wrote:Depending on your league scoring, Vick could be a better fantasy QB than del homme.

It all depends on the ratio of points per rushing yard vs. points per passing yard.

In an NFL.com league (1 pt/10 rushing yard, 1 pt/25 passing yards) Vick actually ends up as a slightly better fantasy QB. Again, it all depends on your scoring.

Just thought I'd share, as I'm starting Vick over Delhomme at least until Steve Smith gets back.

When you decided that Vick is better than Delhomme with this scoring set up, did you include TD's?

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby matmat » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:02 pm

Pete123444 wrote:
When you decided that Vick is better than Delhomme with this scoring set up, did you include TD's?

are you advocating the usage of MATH?!
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mattb47 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:03 pm

Pete123444 wrote:
First & Goal wrote:Depending on your league scoring, Vick could be a better fantasy QB than del homme.

.....and turnovers?
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:06 pm

mattb47 wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:

.....and turnovers?

You and your pesky logic and numbers.

All Hail Ron Mexico!

:-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby First & Goal » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:06 pm

mattb47 wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:

.....and turnovers?

Yes, I figured 1.56 TDs/game for delhomme (last year's average) and 1.4TDs/game for Vick (again last year's average).

Also figured in 1.375 ints/fuml per game for delhomme and 1.2 ints/fuml per game for Vick.
First & Goal
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mattb47 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:09 pm

First & Goal wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:

.....and turnovers?

Yes, I figured 1.56 TDs/game for delhomme (last year's average) and 1.4TDs/game for Vick (again last year's average).

Also figured in 1.375 ints/fuml per game for delhomme and 1.2 ints/fuml per game for Vick.

I bet you didn't calculate that Vick's injury risk is about 1000 times higher than Delhomme's.....

Vick is too inconsistent, it has always been his biggest flaw. He'll be a solid fantasy QB one week, last week for instance, and then he'll have a terrible week the next and you get to the point where you don't know when to play him and when not to play him. I like to have a more consistent option at QB moreso than a huge hit or miss guy.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:24 pm

mattb47 wrote:
First & Goal wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:

.....and turnovers?

I bet you didn't calculate that Vick's injury risk is about 1000 times higher than Delhomme's.....

Vick is too inconsistent, it has always been his biggest flaw. He'll be a solid fantasy QB one week, last week for instance, and then he'll have a terrible week the next and you get to the point where you don't know when to play him and when not to play him. I like to have a more consistent option at QB moreso than a huge hit or miss guy.

and i'll bet you that bad week comes this week. he has had some horrid games vs tampa in the past as they are one of the best d's at stopping him.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby FatFoot » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:29 pm

mattb47 wrote:I bet you didn't calculate that Vick's injury risk is about 1000 times higher than Delhomme's.....

I bet you aren't calculating the impact of no SS for Delhomme. What if he goes 4 games? What if he comes back and is not as good as last year? Delhomme wasn't a total FF rockstar last year. There's a chance Vick could be more valuable this year than Delhomme. I'd still take Jake over Vick for my FF team, but I don't think this is as far-fetched as you're making it seem.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:30 pm

My head almost exploded when I read the title of this thread. :-[
KoopaTroopa211 wrote:This is a talented team that under any other circumstances would be an absolute lock for their 4th championship, but I can't shake the feeling that the push for 16-0 will in the end be the undoing of this team in the playoffs.
KoopaTroopa211
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk