Vick better than Delhomme - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Vick better than Delhomme

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Fritzenhammer » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:16 am

I think it's entirely possible he outscores Delhomme.

To each their own I guess.

Atlanta's D looks great this year, which could lead to a lot of turnovers and short yardage situations, which are ripe for a good rushing team to exploit.

I think we saw Delhomme's upside last year - this year could be Vicks year (ha ha I know).

FH
Fritzenhammer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Vick better than Delhomme

Postby LoudmouthApostle » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:35 pm

logan wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
First & Goal wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:
First & Goal wrote:Depending on your league scoring, Vick could be a better fantasy QB than del homme.

It all depends on the ratio of points per rushing yard vs. points per passing yard.

In an NFL.com league (1 pt/10 rushing yard, 1 pt/25 passing yards) Vick actually ends up as a slightly better fantasy QB. Again, it all depends on your scoring.

Just thought I'd share, as I'm starting Vick over Delhomme at least until Steve Smith gets back.

When you decided that Vick is better than Delhomme with this scoring set up, did you include TD's?

.....and turnovers?

Yes, I figured 1.56 TDs/game for delhomme (last year's average) and 1.4TDs/game for Vick (again last year's average).

Also figured in 1.375 ints/fuml per game for delhomme and 1.2 ints/fuml per game for Vick.

I bet you didn't calculate that Vick's injury risk is about 1000 times higher than Delhomme's.....

Vick is too inconsistent, it has always been his biggest flaw. He'll be a solid fantasy QB one week, last week for instance, and then he'll have a terrible week the next and you get to the point where you don't know when to play him and when not to play him. I like to have a more consistent option at QB moreso than a huge hit or miss guy.

and i'll bet you that bad week comes this week. he has had some horrid games vs tampa in the past as they are one of the best d's at stopping him.

Hmmm, here are Vicks actual numbers from the two games last year:

21/38, 306 yds, 2TD, 4 Ru for 17 yds.
16/26, 161 yds, 2TD, 11 Ru for 63 yds.

In 2004 he had a bit rougher time but did rush for more than 70 yds both times.

Vick has had success against TB especially last year. Now that he is more familiar with the offense, is being allowed to do more things (run/scramble) and it is early (Dunn isn't banged up yet) so I expect Vick to outperform a SS-less Delhomme.
LoudmouthApostle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby maddog60 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:33 pm

smackthefirst wrote:So what do these numbers tell me? Delhomme had one great season as did Vick. Delhomme looks to be around a 250 point type of guy (when he has SSmith). Vick on the other hand also looks to be about a 250 point guy, but this was with the "reigns" pulled in. The coaching staff has said that in order for Vick to be effective, they have to let him play his game. So I don't see it far fetched at all to imagine Vick's numbers increasing a little with him being allowed to scramble a little bit more.

These reigns your talking about haven't been in place since the first three weeks Mora was coaching in ATL. He tried using the WCO, but scrapped it very early on, because they were doing poorly. The coaching staff only exercises as much caution, probably less, than any other coaching staff, because any team that losing a franchise QB is pretty much done. To act like Vick's coaches are holding him back from obtaining his potential is a joke.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Vick better than Delhomme

Postby The Jury » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:42 pm

FatFoot wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:how bout you use more than one years numbers. show us the average touchdown or fantasy points per game for delhome and vick and it shows how silly it is to say vick is better than delhome.

Why?

What does a career mean to a re-drafter? All that matters is this year. There were plenty of good draft choices last year that aren't even on the radar this year. And vice versa. LJ wasn't going in the first few rounds last year. Suddenly his value has increased. Delhomme has no SS right now, and their o line hasn't looked great. Perhaps his value has slipped. FF is all fluid situations, right?

Does anyone think it's IMPOSSIBLE for Vick to outscore Delhomme in FF points this year?

Vick outscored Delhomme in my league last year... (4 pt passing TDs, 6 pt rushing TDs, pt per 20 rushing, pt per 50 passing)
Respect Stevie McNair. Bow down to the pouch.
The Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby First & Goal » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:40 am

Mike Vick FTW ;-D
First & Goal
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Paladyr » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:42 am

First & Goal wrote:Mike Vick FTW ;-D

glad I started him :).
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:47 pm

First & Goal wrote:Mike Vick FTW ;-D

me too ;-D
wrveres
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Shader » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:59 pm

It's funny to read this thread right now. Vick was 10/15..If he keeps up those kind of percentages, the Falcons will be unstoppable.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Philly Pride » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:03 pm

Ironically, just dropped Delhomme for Vick one of my leagues.
Philly Pride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:04 pm

You might want to look at matchups a lot of weeks, because Vick has a pretty hard scheduale this week.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk