why dose everyone love branch? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

why dose everyone love branch?

Moderator: Football Moderators

why dose everyone love branch?

Postby cashmoney4605 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:25 pm

i had to listen to a guy in my league go off about how he now has a #1 guy in branch. why dose every sport show on t.v. and radio go off about this guy?
he's a NICE player and thats it. he's not a #1 ff guy or a #1 wr for that matter. he's avreaged around 800 yards and 4 td's a year in the past 4 years.
am i crazy for not seeing it or is this guy the next greatest thing to hit ff??

stay gold!! :-t
cashmoney4605
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:12 pm

Eh, there isn't really much else to talk about. Sports media is so huge now with 24/7 coverage and only 2-3 sports in season at a time... there's bound to be a shortage of news and every little thing will get some coverage. Case in point, Jerry Porter allegedly laughing at his teams' misfortune makes headlines around the country.

Also, Branch was on the Patriots, which is a big market and ESPN likes to focus on the New England/Boston area. He's well known enough, having been a Super Bowl MVP, and well.... his trade to Seattle is big news.

I live in Chicago, so local media hasn't really focused on him, but seeing how you're from Jersey, you're closer to New England and bound to hear more about it than others in the country. I suppose the Branch trade and signing is big news in Seattle too.

I guess after TO, holdouts will get more coverage, especially the messier it gets. (sorry about the TO reference, but it is relevant, LOL)
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:38 pm

Seattle has a high powered O with a cupcake schedule. They also have WRs who have dropped a lot of passes for them and Burleson. Branch is a dedicated route runner with hands of glue. He should be a solid number 3 fantasy WR at the least, and should D Jax's knees flare up Branch could have a career season.

Plus all the stuff that beano said ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:56 am

Seattle does have a great offense, but a lot of what made branch great was brady. not to take anything away from hasslebeck, but last year after DJAX came back, jerivicious hardly ever saw the ball, despite playing really well during jackson's injury

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mysticphysh » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:10 pm

"does" not "dose" :-D
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Banananan » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:30 pm

moochman wrote:Seattle has a high powered O with a cupcake schedule. They also have WRs who have dropped a lot of passes for them and Burleson. Branch is a dedicated route runner with hands of glue. He should be a solid number 3 fantasy WR at the least, and should D Jax's knees flare up Branch could have a career season.

Plus all the stuff that beano said ;-D

well engram hasnt dropped a lot of passes for them and last year the whole dropping thing kind of ended
Banananan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby maddog60 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:21 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Seattle does have a great offense, but a lot of what made branch great was brady.

I've seen quite a few of Branch's games, and while Brady might the best QB in the league, Branch is a playmaker in his own. Brady will miss Branch more than Branch is going to miss downgrading to Hasselbeck.

Branch has had some injuries that held him back some years, but he's got all the attributes of a bonafide #1 WR for an NFL team. He catches anything thrown his way, he can run slants and deep routes, and he rightfully earned that Superbowl MVP, absolutely shredding through an Eagles secondary that was as good if not better than any secondary in football that year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:36 pm

A healthy DJax will still be the #1 WR on Seattle. Branch is good but he's not that good. Only way he's #1 on Seattle is if DJax goes down.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Re: why dose everyone love branch?

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:37 am

cashmoney4605 wrote:he's avreaged around 800 yards and 4 td's a year in the past 4 years.

The past 4 years? If you're counting the time he was a rookie and soph, then it doesn't really paint a correct picture of his abilities.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fantasizing » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:10 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Seattle does have a great offense, but a lot of what made branch great was brady. not to take anything away from hasslebeck, but last year after DJAX came back, jerivicious hardly ever saw the ball, despite playing really well during jackson's injury

Jurevicious had a career high 10 touchdowns while playing with Seattle last season. I'd say he saw the ball frequently. Besides, Hass likes to spread it around in that offence. You won't see any Seattle recieve eclipse 90 receptions in a season.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting