Owens funny or obnoxious? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Owens funny or obnoxious?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Owens funny or obnoxious?

Postby fntsyrookie » Tue Oct 15, 2002 10:56 am

I didn't watch the game last night (I had nobody playing) so I didn't see the whole signing the ball after the TD thing. What does everybody think? I think that it's arrogant and stupid. I don't think there is much room for that in the game, and it shows poor sportsmanship. I can see celebrating and spiking, but I think he went too far. What does everybody else think?
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kswiss » Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:11 am

Apearently, the person who he gave the ball to was a friend of his who had asked him to give him the ball if he scored. It just so happened that he scored at the right end of the field. Although it was pretty flashy and maybe cockey, wouldn't you like to walk away from a football game with an autographed football?
kswiss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Catch-22 » Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:18 am

TO is as obnoxious as they come. But, boy I'd love to have him in my team! 8-o

I'd rather have an obnoxious player like TO, who gives 100% in every play of every game, than an obnoxious AND stupid player like Randy Moss, who only plays when he feels like it (apparently, he hasn't felt like it so far this year).

Yeah, it was cocky and arrogant and unsportsmanlike. Hopefully, he'll get crap for it all week, though I doubt it. But, on the other hand, there's a lot worse things he could be doing.
Catch-22
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Oct 15, 2002 12:29 pm

Yeah it was a little act of self-gratification,totally done for the primetime cams,but a lot of the guys playing the game have a certain arrogance that surrounds them.Another that comes to mind is Joe Horn,look for him to try to show up T.O. this week with a similar act,if he scores.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby danimal302 » Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:59 pm

Look for the NFL to come up with more rules about celebration after a TD. This isn't Pop Warner, these guys get paid for their play, so why not let them celebrate? No taunting, no celebration, no signing balls for fans...Yeah it was obnoxious, but you think TO doesn't know he'll be paying for it? Either by fine, or by an opposing linebacker. The NFL has stupid rules that instigate some of the behaviors, in my opinion. This is how TO is getting back at them.
danimal302
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby h » Tue Oct 15, 2002 7:17 pm

TO is hysterical...he wasn't being obnoxious...just havin some fun
h

Friendliness: %

Postby chaindog35 » Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:00 pm

Personally I think Owens is an arrogant, self-centered player with an ego the size of Texas. That said, he's also one of the best receivers out there and can back up what he does with how he plays. At least he doesn't play only when he wants to.
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Postby jdogg_ffc » Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:25 pm

Definatey no worse than the Icky shuffle or the Dirty Bird, etc. he merely scored the TD whipped out the pen signed the ball and gave it to his friend. Didn't seem to bad to me wish someone would do that for me.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk