Madden Franchise Mode - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Video Games

Madden Franchise Mode

Moderator: Football Moderators

Madden Franchise Mode

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:02 pm

Now I know that nothing beats actually playing the game, but (especially with all of us fantasy guys) the franchise mode has to come in a close 2nd. What are your guys strategies? Do you take the "Yankees role" or the "Marlins role"? Had a true dynasty on All-Madden difficulty? Post anything having to do with the franchise mode here, because I love it!
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4171
(Past Year: 40)
Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:59 pm

Normally I'll just pick a random team. Just whatever team I happen to feel like at the moment. I like building up various teams. Normally what i do is simulate all of the regular season games, and all of the post-season games too unless it's the Super Bowl. If it's the Super Bowl, I'll actually play that game out.

By the way, a nifty little trick for those that may not know, before week 6 of the regular season, trade your first round pick to the team with the worst record in the league. They're usually dumb enough to fall for it, then even if you make the playoffs, you still usually get a top 5 pick in the next year's draft. You can also package round 2's and round 3's to a bad team to get their #1. Then you've got two first round picks, usually in the top 5-10. Makes building a franchise alot easier.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby Leber » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:08 pm

My best friend and I play a 2 person franchise mode every time madden comes out. We were really dissapointed with the lack of features that came out with this game. No fantasy draft, no picking your schedule in preseason(we always used to play vs eachother in preseason), no owner mode...just to name a few. So to start our franchise in 07 we traded for a bunch of people we wanted(getting ourselves some young talent). For example, in my first year I think my Falcons had Vick, Reggie Bush, Larry Fitzgerald and Troy Palumalo(I cant remember who else). So we are like in year 8 or something and the past 3 years my team is 46-1-1, with 2 super bowl championships. I no longer have Vick(I drafted a QB and hes like in his third year) and my offense is a 98 and my defense is a 95. I have no idea how my team is staying under the salary cap because my lowest starter on offense is like a 97. The first couple years we didn't really do the draft we traded our draft picks and older players to build ourselves the team we wanted with younger talent. Anyways if this Madden 07 had the features it had last year with the graphics it had this year it would have been the best franchise mode so far, but sadly these features were not present on the next gen console in the x360.
Image
Leber
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 2589
Joined: 21 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:46 pm

Started with the Titans today and won the Super Bowl in year 4. My first offseasons top pick (#5 overall) was a LT, and so far, he has really busted. I got a great team though, with a lot of veterans and some young talent (that's what a few season worth of top 10 picks will do for ya). It's so addicting!
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4171
(Past Year: 40)
Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thatonepoorkid » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:41 pm

A strong MLB and DL will do a world of good

Make sure you are rasing the MLB's Awr. its prolly the most important stat. De's need agility, and DT's need tackle. If you have them all in the 90's you will play very well.

Thats my strat. atleast. they cant win if they cant score.
Image
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1790
Joined: 16 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I can't dance

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:03 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:Started with the Titans today and won the Super Bowl in year 4. My first offseasons top pick (#5 overall) was a LT, and so far, he has really busted. I got a great team though, with a lot of veterans and some young talent (that's what a few season worth of top 10 picks will do for ya). It's so addicting!


you played four years in one day?! 8-o
Image
whoseyourdaddy12
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 2417
Joined: 7 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:44 am

whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:Started with the Titans today and won the Super Bowl in year 4. My first offseasons top pick (#5 overall) was a LT, and so far, he has really busted. I got a great team though, with a lot of veterans and some young talent (that's what a few season worth of top 10 picks will do for ya). It's so addicting!


you played four years in one day?! 8-o


Lol, I simulate every preseason and regular season game, and then every playoff game except the Super Bowl usually. Sometimes I'll play a big game, but usually just simulated. The fun thing is drafting, training camp, trading, restrcited free agency, and free agency.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4171
(Past Year: 40)
Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thatonepoorkid » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:31 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:
whoseyourdaddy12 wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:Started with the Titans today and won the Super Bowl in year 4. My first offseasons top pick (#5 overall) was a LT, and so far, he has really busted. I got a great team though, with a lot of veterans and some young talent (that's what a few season worth of top 10 picks will do for ya). It's so addicting!


you played four years in one day?! 8-o


Lol, I simulate every preseason and regular season game, and then every playoff game except the Super Bowl usually. Sometimes I'll play a big game, but usually just simulated. The fun thing is drafting, training camp, trading, restrcited free agency, and free agency.


Yeah i enjoy building the team and keeping it at its peek more than actually playing with them.
Image
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1790
Joined: 16 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I can't dance

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:45 pm

I don't like to just sim the seasons, so I usually only play through 3 seasons. I usually do one with the Pats, Falcons, and Vikings.
Image
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 1235
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Postby daullaz » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:37 am

My PS2 game has a glitch on Franchise mode. It won't let me sign other team's restricted free agents. The screen pops ups saying something like "Are you sure you want to advance? You won't be able to make qualifying offers to your guys." I say yes, and it pops me out the screen with nothing happening, the exact same thing that happens when I select no.

Am I the only one?
Image
Image
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3107
(Past Year: 38)
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Cave

Next

Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:26 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact