What is the "Marlins" strategy?
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:12 pm

Atog wrote:What is the "Marlins" strategy?

Its basically the opposite of the Yankees strategy. You take a not so great and/or young team and attempt to build them up. I definately like this approach better cause its more challenging for the first couple years. I always go for the really young guys too. Usually sim once I get past playing the 2nd season though.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:21 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:

Its basically the opposite of the Yankees strategy. You take a not so great and/or young team and attempt to build them up. I definately like this approach better cause its more challenging for the first couple years. I always go for the really young guys too. Usually sim once I get past playing the 2nd season though.

Oh. To me, the Yankees strategy means "Throw money around and build the best team possible", so I assumed that the Marlins strategy was something along the lines of "Deliberately try to lose"
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:28 am

Atog wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:

Oh. To me, the Yankees strategy means "Throw money around and build the best team possible", so I assumed that the Marlins strategy was something along the lines of "Deliberately try to lose"

Why wouldn't the opposite of throw money around and build a good team be be dirt cheap and build the best team? Seems kinda paradoxical though.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:14 pm

daullaz wrote:My PS2 game has a glitch on Franchise mode. It won't let me sign other team's restricted free agents. The screen pops ups saying something like "Are you sure you want to advance? You won't be able to make qualifying offers to your guys." I say yes, and it pops me out the screen with nothing happening, the exact same thing that happens when I select no.

Am I the only one?

No, that happens to me sometimes too, although sometimes it works.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby eagles21 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:39 pm

Just started a season with the Eagles, and guess what? Done simulating preseason and Westbrook's out 6 weeks with a broken tailbone. :-P

Serves me right for not benching him.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:47 pm

just went through my first season in franchise with the ravens. j-lew got hurt first playoff game and lost him through the playoffs, but still managed to pull it off ok. i created a rookie pre-season...a WR. started him every game and trained him before each game during the season (until it wouldnt let me anymore). he ended up with almost 1500 yards and 21 TDs for the season...was the overall top vote getter for probowl WRs and was in the race for league MVP until i pretty much got shut down my last 2 regular season games. hard to believe he did that well with only a 68 as his overall rating.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Video Games