Stokley, A Game Time Decision For Week 2 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Indianapolis Colts

Stokley, A Game Time Decision For Week 2

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stokley, A Game Time Decision For Week 2

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:08 pm

INDIANAPOLIS – Brandon Stokley’s getting closer.
But whether or not he will play in Sunday’s home opener against the Houston Texans may not be known until Sunday.

Stokley, the third receiver in the Colts’ offense, missed the season opener with an ankle injury. He ran Thursday and practiced Friday, and Colts Head Coach Tony Dungy said he may play Sunday.

“He did a little bit (Thursday),” Dungy said Friday as the Colts (1-0) prepared to play the Texans (0-1) in the RCA Dome Sunday at 1 p.m. “That encouraged us to put him through some practice stuff (Friday).

“If he comes back (Saturday) none the worse for wear, then he could go.”

Stokley, who missed the entire preseason, sustained the ankle injury just after the Colts’ preseason opener in early August.

“I feel pretty good, kind of better than I thought,” Stokley said. “The big thing is to see how it feels tomorrow (Saturday). We’ll kind of let the coaches make the decision from there. They saw me work today (Friday) and they’ll see if I’m ready or not.

“It’s not my decision. I want to play no matter what, but I don’t want to go out there and hurt the team. If they think I can go and it feels good tomorrow (Saturday), I’m ready to go.”

Stokley, who has caught 109 passes over the last two seasons for 1,620 yards and 11 touchdowns, typically is the third receiver for the Colts behind starters Reggie Wayne and seven-time Pro Bowl
selection Marvin Harrison.

Also Friday, safety Bob Sanders and Mike Doss returned to practice while defensive linemen Dan Klecko and Ryan LaCasse were upgraded on the injury report from questionable to probable.

“They came back and did OK,” Dungy said of Sanders and Doss.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Indys_time » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:30 pm

hope he plays to get that third WR option
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Indianapolis Colts