FSU and Miami - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

FSU and Miami

Moderator: Football Moderators

FSU and Miami

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:12 am

If my teams going down, I'm taking down everyone else with em. :-b

Miami is officially a fraud. It may have taken me a little while, but I not understand the angst from Cane fans towards Coker. He's the Solich equivalent. He was handed the keys to mint condition machine and has neglected to change the oil or check the transmission fluid. He apparantly cant head coach, cant recruit, or a combination of both. I'll be surprised if Coker is back next year. Heck, if we's seen the best of the Canes, he might not make it til the end of the year.

FSU is no longer the FSU were used to. They lost to a good Clemson team. FSU fans probably see this loss more damning than everyone else. But considering they've now struggled to beat the fraudulant Canes, pulled out a nail biter against Troy University, and now a loss to Clemson, they've got huge issues and I wonder if this even a top20 team. (I'm sure they wont fall out of the top20, probably wont even fall out of the top15.)

Before I get blasted too hard, I only say these things now due to the platform that these teams were on (respect) and now how quick they seem to be falling (shock).
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mysticphysh » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:20 am

Why would you get blasted? Miami and FSU suck. Only homers would refute that :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby aldridg6in » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:25 am

Both of these teams have been on a steady decline. FSU's started about 4 years back and Miami's really began 2 years ago. Those were the first times I actually watched FSU and Miami play and thought to myself "these teams aren't that good." Incidentally, UNC beat FSU and Miami in those years. Until that point, I always feared seeing those teams on our schedule, but not so much now. They're still good teams but no longer elite status. I've seen them play enough on ACC television down south over the years to see that steady decline. The rest of the country is finding out now.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:34 am

aldridg6in wrote:Both of these teams have been on a steady decline. FSU's started about 4 years back and Miami's really began 2 years ago. Those were the first times I actually watched FSU and Miami play and thought to myself "these teams aren't that good." Incidentally, UNC beat FSU and Miami in those years. Until that point, I always feared seeing those teams on our schedule, but not so much now. They're still good teams but no longer elite status. I've seen them play enough on ACC television down south over the years to see that steady decline. The rest of the country is finding out now.

Ya, but at least you could count on them being top15 teams. Yes, not the top5 that we got used to, but still upper crust teams. I guess "good" would be the way to describe them, but you could say that about anyone ranked 40-15. Up until last season, "good" wouldnt have given enough resepect to what they were accomplishing. I had considered them, maybe not elite, but at least "great".
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Re: FSU and Miami

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:42 am

HskrPwr13 wrote:He's the Solich equivalent. He was handed the keys to mint condition machine and has neglected to change the oil or check the transmission fluid.

I like the analogy ;-D

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby CC » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:57 am

Stick a fork in them, they're done.
Although Clemson is a good team, I think they are the best team in the ACC after VT.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:26 am

FSU was really pretty lucky that game was even as close as it was last night with a blocked kick and blocked extra point both returned to the house.

At this point, I don't think FSU even finishes in the top 25. Miami not only got blasted, they got blasted by a team missing its two best players.

I agree, they're done. Thankfully things are looking a little better in Gainesville because about two years ago we were spearheading this charge to mediocrity in the state of Florida.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:31 am

After the Miami/FSU game i wondered if the D's were taht good or if the O's were that bad. It looks like both O's suck, Miami plays with no pride and it proves Bobby is only around to collect wins until Joe Pa retires. FSU can't run the ball and Weatherford can't throw the ball. I can't wait for our trip up to Tallahassee, GO GATORS.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:41 am

My Cardinals beat Miami without Michael Bush and played without Brian Brohm for a good portion of the game....I love it :-b The Canes just couldn't figure out UL's blitz packages....Really hope Brohm gets back soon though....

Coker is officially getting canned....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:46 am

jayday wrote:My Cardinals beat Miami without Michael Bush and played without Brian Brohm for a good portion of the game....I love it :-b The Canes just couldn't figure out UL's blitz packages....Really hope Brohm gets back soon though....

Coker is officially getting canned....

Any news on Brohm, all i heard was that he had ligimant damage on his throwing thumb.

Coker is definetly gone, bring on Davis.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to College Football