Postby Free Bagel » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:55 am

I heard 3-6 weeks for Brohm.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:57 am

Free Bagel wrote:I heard 3-6 weeks for Brohm.

wow, is that in time for the WVU game?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:20 am

Miami is a 5 loss team this year. Coker gets fired and hopefully someone competent gets hired. Unfortunately, I saw this coming a mile away.

Over the last 3 years Miami has signed ZERO QBs. Over the last 2 years Miami has signed 1 WR. I'm not talking guys not qualifying or anything like that...just flat out no recruits coming in. Combine crappy recruiting with crappy coaching and you see the result. :-t :-#
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:53 pm

I heard 4-6.

And I think you can trace FSU's downfall back to the 1999 offseason when Mark Richt left as the offensive coordinator for the UGA job.

My question for you all is... does Butch Davis return to UM next year?
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:07 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:

I heard 4-6.

And I think you can trace FSU's downfall back to the 1999 offseason when Mark Richt left as the offensive coordinator for the UGA job.

Totally agree about Richt. Without Coordinators Bobby is clueless. I definetly think Butch will be there next year
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:04 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:

I heard 4-6.

There are rumors this happens. I hope not. Davis is a very good recruiter but a bad game day coach. I'd prefer trying to lure a young offensive mind.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:48 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Stick a fork in them, they're done.
Although Clemson is a good team, I think they are the best team in the ACC after VT.

We aren't any good, we just haven't played a real team yet that will expose how dreadful our OL is. Our defense is good, but they won't be good enough to carry us to a major bowl this season. Clemson and GT seem to be the best teams in the ACC this year. I don't buy into BC yet.

It's a really down year for the ACC.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby DrewBledsoeRox89 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:13 pm

I love when Miami sucks
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
DrewBledsoeRox89
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:11 am

The entire problem with the FSU team is the offensive coordinator... We still have top-5 recruiting every year... We've got all the talent in the world... Our defense is still top-5 year-in and year-out.... Mickey Andrews is still a defensive god...

But when Mark Richt left and FSU made the ridiculous decision to promote Bobby's least talented son to offensive coordinator everything went to hell in a hand basket.... And as long as Bobby is head coach, his kid will not be fired, as he should have been very early in the Chris Rix era.... When Richt left, FSU could have had their pick of just about any offensive coordinator in the country... Especially with the retirement of Bobby Bowden being so close at hand, and the very real possibility that whoever replaced Richt would have eventually become the head coach of one of the elite football dynasties of the past 25 years....

What I often wonder is this....

Since football coaches at public universities are essentially being paid by tax-payer money, how do nepotism laws not apply in this situation? If the university president hired his own son to run a department at FSU, and that son proceeded to run the department into the ground, the Board of Regents would step in and do something about it..... I really wish they had that ability in this situation....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:21 am

Plindsey88 wrote:The entire problem with the FSU team is the offensive coordinator... We still have top-5 recruiting every year... We've got all the talent in the world... Our defense is still top-5 year-in and year-out.... Mickey Andrews is still a defensive god...

But when Mark Richt left and FSU made the ridiculous decision to promote Bobby's least talented son to offensive coordinator everything went to hell in a hand basket.... And as long as Bobby is head coach, his kid will not be fired, as he should have been very early in the Chris Rix era.... When Richt left, FSU could have had their pick of just about any offensive coordinator in the country... Especially with the retirement of Bobby Bowden being so close at hand, and the very real possibility that whoever replaced Richt would have eventually become the head coach of one of the elite football dynasties of the past 25 years....

What I often wonder is this....

Since football coaches at public universities are essentially being paid by tax-payer money, how do nepotism laws not apply in this situation? If the university president hired his own son to run a department at FSU, and that son proceeded to run the department into the ground, the Board of Regents would step in and do something about it..... I really wish they had that ability in this situation....

I can't speak for Florida per se, but I do know that under At-Will employment law here in Nebraska (and 48 of the 50 states are At-Will, not Right-To-Work states), nepotism is NOT illegal.

Under At-Will law the employer has the right to hire/fire, promote/demote the employee at their will. They can hire anyone they want regardless of qualifications, including friends and family. That goes for Government positions as well as the private sector here in Nebraska.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to College Football