Want to help the Cafe grow? Here's how... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Want to help the Cafe grow? Here's how...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Want to help the Cafe grow? Here's how...

Postby menyak » Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:48 pm

You probably know this theory: if everybody in China (or another large country) jumped to their feet at the same time, the result would be a huge earthquake that could be felt all over the world.

Last weekend, I had one of those typical daydreams that only webmasters have: couldn't we stage something similar on a virtual level? What if all visitors to this site set up a link to the Cafe on their homepages? It needn't even be at the same time... You bet the resulting earthquake would be staggering!

Admittedly, it's probably just a stupid dream, but hey, that's how the Cafe started! You've already been reading this post (how can we tell? ;-) ), and you do have a website, don't you? (No point in denying it, we know you do.) So the last step is up to you: it's only a small step, and always remember, it'll be a big step for the Cafe! :-)

Oh, and of course anyone who links to the Cafe will receive our beautiful Web Supporter icon: Image
;-D
Last edited by menyak on Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:44 am

OK,done deal.I can't guarantee you any traffic as only the few in the PFFL visit the page.The page is listed in some search engines though,so maybe we can give you a hit or two,the link is there regardless.Maybe others will follow. :-)
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby DaKnife » Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:08 pm

Not a dream, doable......

This is a well run , easy to navigate forum site, I just found it, had a prob with my username (my fault) and within 1/2 hr I was taken care of.....
you have some good people helping you here....kudos

to add to your remarks, if one is in an online driven league (ie fanball) then you should post this site address on message boards to your opponents....the big commercial sites don't check their message boards and you could spread the word on them !!

just a thought, i just did it for my league
QB- Manning,Carr,Roethlisberger
RB-C-Martin, M Pittman, Cedric Benson, Ricky Williams
WR-Antwan Randle El ,T.O., J Porter, Rod Smith, K McCardell
K-J Elam, O Mare
D- Den, Atl

Keeper/Cap league/ 10 teams
PLAY; 1 QB, 2 RB'S, 3 WR'S, 1 K, 1 D
DaKnife
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Innovative Member
Location: Minnesota;...................... From No. Ca. coast (brrrrrrr)

Postby Homeless » Sat Oct 19, 2002 11:35 am

NO !!!!

This is my secret treasure trove of information, im not telling anyone ! ;)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Arlo » Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:09 am

Thanks for the support, both for the links and the word of mouth! Sometimes it isn't all that difficult to bring a smile to our webmeister's face. :-)

(By the way, mentioning this site to others in your leagues is terrific, but please don't get carried away and advertise in another site's general forums...)

And yeah, Homeless, we perfectly understand that feeling, too. :-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cwebb » Sun Oct 20, 2002 3:06 pm

Yeah, I always wonder if Arlo and Dan just want to mess with my mind if they tell users around here that players suck when they're on my team.

I wouldn't want to share too much information with my co-owners, too, but I've always been easy to convince to give up secrets...
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dazedncnfz » Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:02 pm

I agree with Homeless!!!!! lol. cwebb if you easy to convince to give up secrets tell me this so I don't have to hear my brother give me shiat when he goes to the playoffs ( Im hopeing for a wild card spot and have a fighting chance). When you set your lineup do go with Studs, Matchups, Gutt ( lol) or just consistant guys?

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SiouxCitySavages » Thu Nov 28, 2002 10:28 am

http://www.geocities.com/psychoffl/pffl.html?

It's been there for a few weeks now, Guttpuppy put it on there.

I am very pleased with the work that has been done on the Cafe.
SiouxCitySavages
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

yep

Postby hayesb26 » Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:41 pm

i added the link to my fantasy league. hopefully it will attract some visitors next season.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CVhawk » Mon May 05, 2003 9:35 am

I agree with homeless.While I have found that there are some very interesting opinions in here.My opinions will be straight up and if I tell people in my own league I ewould feel the need to send up smokescreens or hold back on some gut feelings I might like to share.I hope this site does grow in #s but only with yteam owners that are not in my league.

My JFFL Champs:
Qbs-Manning,Vick
Rbs-Henry,Portis,A-Train,S.Mack
Wrs-Moss,Harrison,Mason,Stallworth
Tes-Franks,remersma.sp.
Team OL-Indy,New O.
DL-Peppers,J.Smith
Lbs-Sharper,Spikes,Bullock,Barrow
Dbs-Roy Williams,Harrison,O'neal
K-Who cares-lol
CVhawk
Special Teams Staff