Return to Football Talk

Jerry Porter

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jerry Porter

Postby Wesley Walker » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:38 am

From Fanball:

Porter not playing
The News
Wide receiver Jerry Porter will have an opportunity to show better sideline ettiquette on Sunday because he has been deactivated for the Raiders game against the Ravens. Porter is not injured, but is in coach Art Shell's doghouse. Last week there were reports that he applauded when quarterback Aaron Brooks was sacked, but Porter denied that he was even paying attention to the game.
Our View
At this point it is hard to imagine a scenario involving Porter suiting up for the Raiders again.

Anyone think Porter has perhaps played his last game for Oakland?
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:57 am

Wow. This is shades of Terry Glenn in 2001. What a waste.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Gnu314 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:13 pm

I hope he has played his last game for OAKLAND but gets traded, not that anyone would take a chance on him now.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Wesley Walker » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:21 pm

Does he think he can get away with as much as Randy can get away with? If so, I think he's mistaken.

On that note, I can't believe how bad the Raiders offense looks. I know they're playing a pretty good D this week, and that losing Brooks doesn't help, but they made San Diego's D look like the Steel Curtain.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Teck » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:18 pm

Someone better look at him for a receiver.. He's got talent. And there's plenty of teams that need a good one. Plus from what some people have said on ESPN Porter isn't that bad of a guy. What exactly are the rumors to why he is in the doghouse?
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby ateam » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:13 pm

NE gets a #1 for Branch, and didn't DEN get a #1 for Lelie??

Reason #437,648 why Al Davis is a freakin moron.

I love the Raiders, but can't stand Al so I root from afar.

I've got to think someone will pay up for a quality WR in this league.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby logan » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:42 pm

they are more than welcome to send to chief country. that would make it all the sweeter to see him blow up the raiders when we would play them.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:32 pm

Teck wrote:Someone better look at him for a receiver.. He's got talent. And there's plenty of teams that need a good one. Plus from what some people have said on ESPN Porter isn't that bad of a guy. What exactly are the rumors to why he is in the doghouse?

His attitude is the problem. Reports had it that he was seen cheering when Aaron Brooks was sacked for the umpteenth time in Week 1. His response to that was that he wasn't even watching the game anymore in the second half. Nice.

The guy's gotta grow up. He gets paid a lot of money and he needs to be professional. That's the problem.

Randy Moss as a role model?

The 'Ders are in trouble.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:12 am

Wesley Walker wrote:
Teck wrote:Someone better look at him for a receiver.. He's got talent. And there's plenty of teams that need a good one. Plus from what some people have said on ESPN Porter isn't that bad of a guy. What exactly are the rumors to why he is in the doghouse?

His attitude is the problem. Reports had it that he was seen cheering when Aaron Brooks was sacked for the umpteenth time in Week 1. His response to that was that he wasn't even watching the game anymore in the second half. Nice.

The guy's gotta grow up. He gets paid a lot of money and he needs to be professional. That's the problem.

Randy Moss as a role model?

The 'Ders are in trouble.

Actually Porter was already in the doghouse prior to the cheering incident. Porter has said that he wasn't paying attention to what was happening on the field, but that he was goofing with some people in the stands.
I find it ironic that a guy who was blacklisted as severly as Shell was would have a dog house. Must be one messed in the head dude, this Shell. Al Davis cuts years off of his career, and now he is cutting his own coaching career short because he doens't like Porter. Brilliant!

Few are the people on bad teams that would rather have Whithead or Curry running routes than Porter. I just hope they can find a way to trade Porter. There are an awful lot of teams that would love to have such a skilled WR. But seeing as how the Raider org would rather punish players than win at football I could see him rotting on the bench all season.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:19 am

I'd be pretty pissed if I was signed to the Raiders also. That is one embarassing football team.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk