Did you have the guts to go WR/WR this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Did you have the guts to go WR/WR this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Did you have the guts to go WR/WR this year?

Postby FatFoot » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:48 pm

Because if so, chances are you're 0-2.

I didn't go WR/WR, but I got pretty much the same WRs I would have gone for, if I had drafted that way, and I've taken a beating thus far.

LT is, as of this moment, the clear winner of the top 3 RB debate. The top 3 WRs are all underperforming.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby john333 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:17 pm

I really don't see why anyone would go WR/WR. You can get a nice running back in the first round and then 2 receivers.

I got Clinton Portis in the first then I turned around and picked up Chad Johnson and Torry Holt.
john333
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:36 pm

john333 wrote:I really don't see why anyone would go WR/WR. You can get a nice running back in the first round and then 2 receivers.

I got Clinton Portis in the first then I turned around and picked up Chad Johnson and Torry Holt.

You got Torry Holt in the third round? I don't think most people had that chance....
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:40 pm

Nope..i didnt have the nuts to go WR/WR in any of hte leagues i did. But i wouldnt consider ALL of the top 3 WR's underperforming...chad seems to be doing fine.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby FatFoot » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:33 pm

In what sense? Chad had 1 TD and okay yards. Antonio Bryant and Laveranues Coles (middle/late rounders, both on my team, along with Chad, Moss, and TO.) both outperformed him today.
Last edited by FatFoot on Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Kilroy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:37 pm

In my 8 Team $$ League my first three picks were SA, Holt, Marvin. H**l, my whole flippin' team is underperforming. Another week, another loss. Trying not to freak, but I need a W in week 3 or my season may be over early.

:-o

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby FatFoot » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:39 pm

I got home today at half-time in the late games, losing 51-101 to my opponent (Plax, LT, Marvin etc) and I am kind of stunned that I've made a pretty big comeback, in 1 half of football. The middle round WRs are paying off BIG so far. If I had only gone with stud WRs, I would be eating it right now, big time.

What's really nuts is that had I put Rex Grossman in, I'd have had the game locked up by now. As it stands, I need 14 points out of TO and Leftwich combined.

I think it'd be worth checking in on the WR/WR concept throughout the year, to see how it has worked out for those who drafted that way.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby The Jury » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:45 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:In my 8 Team $$ League my first three picks were SA, Holt, Marvin. H**l, my whole flippin' team is underperforming. Another week, another loss. Trying not to freak, but I need a W in week 3 or my season may be over early.

In very similar fashion, I had an early pick so I took LJ and missed McGahee in the 2nd round by one pick. So I went with Holt and Marvin as CJ, S. Smith, and Owens were off the board.

Marvin hasn't caught a TD yet but he's been over 100 yards in both his games so far. Holt needs to step it up though.
Respect Stevie McNair. Bow down to the pouch.
The Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigMusky » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:07 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:In my 8 Team $$ League my first three picks were SA, Holt, Marvin. H**l, my whole flippin' team is underperforming. Another week, another loss. Trying not to freak, but I need a W in week 3 or my season may be over early.

I went LT2/TO/Johnson with essentially the same picks. I thnk I am going to be 1-1 this year unless TO shows some PHilly magic tonight.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JGarrison » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:46 pm

I went WR/WR and took Smith and Harrison, then Kevin Jones C Taylor and F Taylor. I'm 1-0 and am down 14 points this week with Bledoe playing and F Taylor tomorrow. He has S Moss still. So a good chance I might be 2-0. This was a 14 team league. Not bad with my best WR sitting.
JGarrison
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk