Did you have the guts to go WR/WR this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Did you have the guts to go WR/WR this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:00 am

I went Tiki/Marvin/TO... then followed up with several RBs.

2-0 baby ;-D

Yes, I had Marvin on my draft board ahead of Fitz... by a mile ;-D
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigBadBrawler » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:13 am

I got Tiki/Holt/TO (I had Holt and T.O ranked as my #2 and #3 WRs) in a 10-teamer so there was no real need to go WR/WR for me (as it turned out) and I'm 1-0 so far, but Imma lose this week... :-t And now T.O has a broken finger :-t :-t :-t
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby woodson_28 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:20 am

i did what you're not supposed to do and I took Peyton Manning the the first round, but my league is heavy on QB's (I got 44 pts from him this week).

Anyway, I went P.Manning/T.O./Holt and then RB's. I'm 2-0 now
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Crippler » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:41 am

I have thought that WR WR was a stupid idea from the start. Why take 2 streaky WRs as the foundation of your team when you can get a solid, consistant RB. Even if you have to take a risky RB, you can still follow him right up with someone of less risk to compliment him. Gotta use the 1st two picks on RBs, even if you have a bad draft position.

...just dont take Lamont or Caddy ;-)

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:38 am

Crippler wrote:I have thought that WR WR was a stupid idea from the start. Why take 2 streaky WRs as the foundation of your team when you can get a solid, consistant RB. Even if you have to take a risky RB, you can still follow him right up with someone of less risk to compliment him. Gotta use the 1st two picks on RBs, even if you have a bad draft position.

...just dont take Lamont or Caddy ;-)

I drafted 11th in a 12 teamer that counts recptions. I went SS and TO. Followed with a steal of Parker (early draft). Also have KJ and McGahee. won week one, lost this week. With TO out for the next 2-4 I have to hope that Smith can play. My other WR of not is Housh. Ya gotta love it.

My RB options were Jordan in the first, so going WR WR wasn't that bad an idea. I just need some health.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Matthias » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:57 am

Crippler wrote:I have thought that WR WR was a stupid idea from the start. Why take 2 streaky WRs as the foundation of your team when you can get a solid, consistant RB.

Umm... the whole idea of WR WR is that you get WRs who AREN'T streaky but rather consistent. And almost all starting RBs are consistent just by virtue of their position. They rush 25 times for about 3-4 a carry. Maybe throw in a TD here and there.

So I guess it's a stupid idea if you don't understand it.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FatFoot » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:51 am

The thing is, I still don't think WR WR is a terrible idea. It's just that the top WRs are underperforming this year... injuries and poor teams and poor performances. Harrison and the AZ guys are really the only ones that are putting up big numbers. The season's only just begun, so who knows what will happen.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby kevster1 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:00 pm

I may have gone wr wr this year if i would have been toward the end of the draft in a twelve team league, but i received the 4th spot. I guy in my league who is very knowlegble in fantasy football tried it, and is now 0 and 2, and it appears he will be scrambling for Rb's all year. It certainly didn't help that he picked Steve Smith who has been injured for the first two games, and Holt who has ben solid but not spectacular. Things realy have to bounce your way in order to be succesful. I have played fantasy since we would add the scores up from the stat line in the sports page the following day. This strategy does not usually work unless you draft a backup in latter round who becomes a powerhouse due to injury to the starter. What makes Fantasy Football so much fun is you are always learning , and adapting to the changes in the N.F.L. It is much easier to find productive receivers in mid to late rounds then it is to find productive Rb's.
kevster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby PyRo8 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:04 pm

went wr/wr/wr. my team is 1-1. steve smith, holt, and wayne. but i also had gore and mcallister.
PyRo8
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:31 pm

I went WR/WR (Fitz and CJ), and followed that up by grabbing KJones, Droughns, TJones, Driver, and AGreen. We start 2 WRs, 2 RBs, and a flex WR/RB. I'm now bucking the "Flex means another RB" trend and starting Driver and then whichever two RBs have the best matchup (I also have Barber and Lundy for down the road). And unless FWP outscores Heath Miller by 32 points tonight, I'll be 2-0, so I'm happy so far. ;-D

But I have to say that the best pick I made in the draft so far has to be the Baltimore D. :-D
Big Pimpin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk