The Official Fire Coker Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

The Official Fire Coker Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Official Fire Coker Thread

Postby VaderFin » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:51 pm

Rumors have it that a press conference is coming soon in regards to Coker. Maybe on Tuesday. Pretty much every Canes fan on the planet is praying they fire him. If they do here are some of the rumors for his replacement....let me repeat these are ALL rumors and most of them have a snowballs chance in hell of happening.

Randy Shannon--Good chance of being the interim head coach if Coker is fired mid season. Has no HC experience and Miami fans don't want another guy in with no HC experience.

Butch Davis--Strong rumors here for obvious reasons. Flopped in the NFL and lied to Miami saying he wasn't leaving and then did at the last second. Most Canes fans would welcome him back.

Mark Richt--UM Alumnus. He's the guy I would most want to see be the next HC but has no reason to leave UGA.

Tommy Tuberville--Coached at Miami in the 80s. Was practically run out of town 3 years ago. A possiblity if he decided he couldn't handle Auburns alum anymore.

Barry Alvarez--Was interviewed for the job when Coker took it. UM fans would freak out if this guy was hired, no one wants a boring running attack team.

Bobby Petrino--Would be ironic if he left after beating the Canes this year. The kind of young, offensive minded coach most Canes fans want. Miami is a huge step up from UL but I just can't see a guy moving to a team he beat in the same year.

Norm Chow--Everyone knows he wants a HC job and he qualifies for the offensive minded part. No substance here just a wish by some.

Greg Schiano--Former Canes DC has slowly turned things around at Rutgers. Still recruits heavily in FL. A definite possibility.

Pat Hill--Another guy who's name gets thrown around because he is an offensive minded guy.

My most likely list in order:

Butch Davis
Greg Schiano
Tommy Tuberville
Randy Shannon
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:29 pm

I'd be stunned if Alvarez was the HC. I think if he has a next job, it will be at NU.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:22 pm

There is a 0% chance Richt leaves UGA for UM. His next stop is in the League.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VaderFin » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:30 pm

Local Miami radio is reporting the rumors of a meeting are false and that Coker will coach the rest of the season and then be reevaluated. What a crock of $hit.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:22 pm

VaderFin wrote:Local Miami radio is reporting the rumors of a meeting are false and that Coker will coach the rest of the season and then be reevaluated. What a crock of $hit.

Well, be re-evaluated they mean, win pretty much the rest of your games or get fired.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:33 pm

Coker is done, Butch will get rehired, all the alums love him.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:25 pm

When is the last time a team fired a coach in the middle of the season? I've never heard of that before.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:35 pm

knapplc wrote:When is the last time a team fired a coach in the middle of the season? I've never heard of that before.

2 years ago, Ron Zook in gainesville after we lost to MSU at home ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:22 am

Schiano has a good shot at this job at well if he can get Rutgers to knock off a WVU or Louisville. Rutgers is off to a good start.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:28 am

Steve Mariuchi??
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to College Football