The Official Fire Coker Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

The Official Fire Coker Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:03 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:It really wouldn't be difficult to turn around the Miami program for a good recruiter... South Florida is by far THE BEST recruiting grounds in the country...

You have to be more than just a good recruiter to be successful. Cough *Ron Zook* Cough

WHAT?!!? the Zooker not successful u say, no way!!! ;-7
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:14 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:I think UNC could become a power in the ACC with those 2 at the helm. Coker is a great O coor just a bad head coach.

Plus they have their QB, RB, and WR of the future coming in this year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:45 pm

knapplc wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
aldridg6in wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
aldridg6in wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Schiano has told Miami he is not interested in the job.

WOW, i never thought i would see the day when a coach says no thanks i would rather stay at Rutgers than go to Miami.

I wouldn't have thought it would come either, but if you look at the state of the Miami program I don't know that I'd want to be associated with it either. They've got a terrible reputation and aren't a top 25 team either. I feel sorry for the coach who walks into that mess.

Yeah, who would want to coach a team that has won 5 championships in the last 23 years, has probably the best recruiting area in the country, and could be the guy to say look what I turned around. ;-7

Easy there. That wasn't a jab at the program's history or recruiting potential. I was just pointing out that the program is not what it used to be and has done enough things over the past year to tarnish their reputation. It's not an ideal situation to walk in to. I have a lot of respect for the history of The U, but you have to admit they've fallen recently.

No different then when they were on probation.....NC came after that. ;-D

With an asterisk! You played Nebraska, after all. We sucked right about then. 2006 Nebraska could beat 2001 Nebraska.

Asterik my ass, that team would have owned anyone that year.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aldridg6in » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:03 pm

CC wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:I think UNC could become a power in the ACC with those 2 at the helm. Coker is a great O coor just a bad head coach.

Plus they have their QB, RB, and WR of the future coming in this year.

We've got some good players coming in, plus there are around 15-20 players Bunting redshirted this year. A good staff could get the ship going in the right direction. I'm not expecting much for the next few years, but I do expect we'll be in a bowl in a couple of years. That would be good progress for the program.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to College Football