Cotchery..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cotchery.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Wesley Walker » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:51 pm

Coles had a pretty sweet run-after-the-catch too, for the other Jets TD. These receivers are money. I just wish they could run the ball.

But then with Penny's passing game, the short pass can sort of take the place of the run. Which is pretty much how thy managed to almost come back from 24 down against the Pats.

Belichek (is that how you spell it?) is a schmuck, by the way.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:10 am

Wesley Walker wrote:Coles had a pretty sweet run-after-the-catch too, for the other Jets TD. These receivers are money. I just wish they could run the ball.

But then with Penny's passing game, the short pass can sort of take the place of the run. Which is pretty much how thy managed to almost come back from 24 down against the Pats.

Belichek (is that how you spell it?) is a schmuck, by the way.

For someone who didn't see the game what did Bill do now?

That catch was amazing. I'm seriously considering picking Cotchery up, but my roster space is limited, so I need to figure out who to drop (if anyone) to get him.

BTW, nice sig Wes. I miss Gastineau's Sack Dances. They were (for the most part) stupid, but they were entertaining as h**l.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby 1crzydmnd » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:51 am

Here is the video for those who didn't see it...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3pwAk7-Dv-U
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Matthias » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:08 am

Wow. That is one amazing catch and run. Talk about presence of mind and finishing a play.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skinsfan » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:12 am

I've added him onto my team. I like his long-term and matchup potential more than that of Colston.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JimmyChoi » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:46 am

No one expected the Jet's receivers to pose any threat.....maybe....that will allow the running game a little leeway? Although Blaylock's 1.9 ypc isn't scaring anyone.....
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby The_Dude » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:50 am

Unbelievable catch and run.

*Added to as many fantasy teams as possible.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:55 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:For someone who didn't see the game what did Bill do now?

All week the media was touting this as a grudge match: The mentor vs. the pupil. Bellichik didn't want to Mangini to leave to join a division rival, like the Jets, but that's exactly what Mingini did.

Of course, one might recall that Bellichik worked under Parcells for the Jets for a few seasons. The Jets offered Bellichik the ead coach job when Parcells was leaving, Bellichik accepted the job, but left after one freakin' day to join the Pats.

So how Bellichik could really hold any sort of grudge is beyond me. The schmuck.

So I sort of thought the media was inventing the story.

But as about 50 TV cameras fllowed the two coaches to the center of the field for th traditional post-game handshake, Bellichik did a quick wet-fish handshake, made little-to-no eye contact, and walked away. So maybe he really does have a problem.

He's probably just pissed that Mangini now has a much better QB and better receivers.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Matthias » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:41 pm

There was an article in the NY Times yesterday profiling Mangini. And apparently his personal relationship with Bilicheck has been in decline for a few years now.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:08 pm

Matthias wrote:There was an article in the NY Times yesterday profiling Mangini. And apparently his personal relationship with Bilicheck has been in decline for a few years now.

Interesting article. Thanks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/17/sports/football/17jets.html

Funny how Mangini has nothing but compliments for Belichick, while Belichik just says he doubts Mangini is head-coach material. No class. And it seems their relationship went sour even while they worked together. Weird.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk