Week 2 Panic Attack - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 2 Panic Attack

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 2 Panic Attack

Postby Kilroy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:58 pm

I know that 0-2 isn't the end of the world, and that there's a lot of football to be played, but after my $$$ league team's second straight defeat I'm getting a little freaked out.

Alexander is killing me. I knew losing Hutch would hurt, but C'MON! These kinda numbers from my #1 Pick are NOT gonna get it done.

My "depth" behind SA at Running back has just turned into an opportunity for me to pick the wrong guy each week. Benched FWP for Willis last week 'cuz Big Ben was out. Oops. Benched FWP and Willis this week for Bush, who I (stupidly) thought would have a big day against the Pack. Oops again.

What the H**l happened to the Rams Offense? God help me, I miss Mike Martz. So much for my Bulger-Holt Combo (I knew they were going to run more this year, but stink more? Not so much.)

I know my season is far from over, and I'm actively trying to improve the team (got Donte off the WW last week, and he's looking like a solid WR3 for the Killerz), but if my "big guns" don't start gettin' it done it's gonna be a long year.

There, panic attack over. Time for my Haldol.

!+)

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hwiggen » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:20 am

I'm residing in the panic room at this time, too but I'm not going to panic.
hwiggen
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby programatik » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:45 am

just remember. the minimum your team has to do is win enough games to get you into the playoffs at whatever seed is the bottom. from there your studs should have had sufficient time to turn everything around :)

also remember, however, that Alexander was on the cover of madden. you should have traded him away once you drafted him :p
programatik
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kilroy » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:47 am

The first two weeks of my FF season:

FWIW, in this league I'm the only Owner who's ever played FF before. (H**l, I drafted two of the other teams for Owners who couldn't make the draft. Just took the BPA from my personal Cheatsheet. The other two teams I drafted? Undefeated. The Irony's not lost on me.)

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Popcynical » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:37 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:The first two weeks of my FF season:

FWIW, in this league I'm the only Owner who's ever played FF before. (H**l, I drafted two of the other teams for Owners who couldn't make the draft. Just took the BPA from my personal Cheatsheet. The other two teams I drafted? Undefeated. The Irony's not lost on me.)

Maaan... I mocked and mocked, found value, etc. And I'm 3-7 overall on all my fantasy teams.

Next year I'm just gonna draft like a n00b.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Timbathia » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:06 am

I have Eli, LT and Gore who have all put up stellar numbers for two weeks and I am 0-2. Apparently when you play against teams whose 3 WRs and TE all score TDs while yours do absolutely nothing you lose (I am talking to you Lee Evans).

If only Lamont Jordan would pull his finger out so I could trade his fat-a$$ for a WR!
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:49 am

Now this is a thread that should be sticky'd! The weekly O' woe is me FF thread. Every year I think I've drafted some pretty good teams only to watch in horror as they fall apart. This week's exhibit was seeing my stud WR TO. Sucky game and now out for up to a month with a broken finger. ;-D ;-D ;-D

He can now sit down next to Steve Smith and Housh. Oh yeah, my other WR is Reggie Brown. Tweaked hammy? I'm sure it's nothing serious :-o this could get ugly.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby skinsfan » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:57 am

Alexander? He had 100 total yards and a TD this week...that doesn't seem too disappointing to me. Week 1 was just rough for the whole Seattle team, but they're clicking now. Expect big things.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Dude » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:02 am

In my home league, I'm pretty much the craziest, pay the most attention... I went 0-5 to start last season... sometimes, these things can't be helped.

Knowledge gives you a higher probability of winning, but does not guarantee victory.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby DrSpackle » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:21 am

In my competitive money league, the winners from the last four years all started slow (0-4, 1-5, 0-6, 2-5). In each of those four years I started hot (5-1, 4-0, 3-0, 9-0) and went on to lose.

So I am sitting pretty right now at 0-2. ;-D

They way I see it, you just gotta get in the playoffs. That's it. And if your studs aren't producing right now, the law of averages suggests they will later.

And I'm in the same boat -- Bulger's numbers are down, TO is out, Fitz looked very average, SA's numbers are down, my #2 RB is a crapshoot between Dillon & J Jones every week, Rod Smith looks VERY old all of a sudden and now R Brown tweaks his hammy. But I am not panicky at all.

So all you 0-2 owners out there . . . breathe in . . 1. . 2 . . 3 . . breathe out . . . 1. . 2 . . 3. .

It's OK! Don't Panic! Never bench your studs and it will turn around. ;-D
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk