Newbie : Yahoo Points Update? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Newbie : Yahoo Points Update?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Newbie : Yahoo Points Update?

Postby pkahle » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:59 pm

I'm in a league in Yahoo, and the points have yet to be updated for the week. Last week they seemed to be regularly updated throughout the day. Is there a problem with our league.
pkahle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Newbie : Yahoo Points Update?

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:06 pm

pkahle wrote:I'm in a league in Yahoo, and the points have yet to be updated for the week. Last week they seemed to be regularly updated throughout the day. Is there a problem with our league.

No problem. Week 1 they tease you with giving you the live stattracker for free. After that you need to upgrade and pay for a PLUS league in order to get the live scoring.

:-t

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

When Can I expect it to be updated

Postby pkahle » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:08 pm

Anyone know when yahoo will be updated?
pkahle
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: When Can I expect it to be updated

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:14 pm

pkahle wrote:Anyone know when yahoo will be updated?

Sometime tonight.

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:30 pm

Actually you don't HAVE to upgrade to the PLUS league. You can just pay $9.99 and get it individually.

:-t :-t

flotsamnjetsam

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:28 am

Yep, it's a selling point to hook you in after week 1. They've been doing it for years, nothing they just started now.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Warhawk » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:01 am

Does anyone actually think it costs them very much more to update stats live? :-?

Seems like a big scam to me.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Madison » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:26 am

Since no one has answered the question, usually around 2 AM Central is when the scores update. :-D

As to Stattracker, if waiting until the next morning is too long, then yes, get Stattracker. ;-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:25 pm

Warhawk wrote:Does anyone actually think it costs them very much more to update stats live? :-?

Seems like a big scam to me.

It's not that it costs more to update the stats live. It's that they can make a LOT of money feeding off of peoples impatience. I played on nfl.com last year where they have free live scoring. All my leagues are on yahoo this year and I'm not paying for stattracker just because I think it's BS that they charge you for that. It's not a lot of money but for me it's just the principle. I can wait until the middle of the night or Monday morning to see my scores. So it's not really a scam, it's like most other things in the world...it's all about the money.

flotsamnjetsam

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:00 pm

I just total the score myself - its not too difficult.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk