Rudi Johnson's tough schedule ahead... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rudi Johnson's tough schedule ahead...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rudi Johnson's tough schedule ahead...

Postby kcs261 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:06 pm

This guy has been fabulous so far. You have to love the production. But from going to various sites, all you hear is about his tough schedule and that his value is sky high and that he should be traded now. What does everybody make of Rudi's schedule? I think he's a great back, in a great offense, and he'll get his numbers no matter what. Thoughts?
kcs261
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kilroy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:20 pm

I own him in two leagues and have very little (to no) interest in trading him. Great back in a Great Offense running behind a Great Line. Schedule be d****d. Rudi will get his.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kcs261 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:31 pm

That's my view. The guy gets no respect. I wouldn't trade him for anybody expect LT2, Alexander, and, maybe, Larry Johnson (I don't know, though, with how things are going in KC...) Fanball has the total opposite view:

Don't Extend Johnson
Rudi Johnson's owners need to look past Sunday's two touchdowns, and instead look ahead. In addition to injuries to starting linemen center Rich Braham and tackle Levi Jones, Johnson's schedule will be taking a turn for the brutal. The Bengals won't play a soft defense until they see New Orleans in week 11. Here are the defenses Johnson will face between now and then: at Pittsburgh, New England, at Tampa Bay, Carolina, Atlanta, at Baltimore, and finally, San Diego. Do you see an easy matchup here? I don't. For now, Johnson is perceived to be an elite back. I'm worried that he won't be for long. The time to talk trade is now, especially if Braham and Jones are lost for a while.
kcs261
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Infidel » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:37 am

His sched is tough but not brutal. Pitts and Balt, the rest are good not great D's. Until playoff weeks. It's like any other player, if you get an offer that helps you, take it. If not sit tight.
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:37 am

he may be appearing in my sig very very soon
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:25 pm

Our line is beat up, but he's still a top 10 back ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby wrveres » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:44 pm

I wouldn't trade Rudi for anybody not named LT .. whoop
wrveres
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:00 pm

Come on let's not get out of hand. Sure Rudi has a tough schedual but he continued his rampage from last year. This guy can run through anyone, period. ;-D
go_jays_go
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:06 pm

As long as Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson stay healthy so defenses can't overload the box, Rudi will put up numbers no matter who he plays against.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:18 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:As long as Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson stay healthy so defenses can't overload the box, Rudi will put up numbers no matter who he plays against.

if the team they arent playing is from western pennsylvania, i completely agree with this statement :-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk