Ugh - Wk 3, bye weeks start, 3 teams off!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ugh - Wk 3, bye weeks start, 3 teams off!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ugh - Wk 3, bye weeks start, 3 teams off!!!

Postby stomperrob » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:52 pm

Those horrible things called "bye weeks" that are the bane of FF existence begin with Week #3 with Dallas, KC and San Diego off*. Now we have to start that horrible roster juggling with our TE's, K's & Def's. Oh well, at least it ends a week earlier this year (but that does make things worse in weeks 6 & 7 when 6 teams are off each of those weeks). It's a damn nuisance and very inconsiderate of the NFL!!!
:-t :-t :-t

*And yes, I do realize that Oakland has a bye this weekend too but if you are unfortunate enough to have one of their players on your roster would you really wanna start a Raider this week anyway??? Against anyone??? So they don't count!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ugh - Wk 3, bye weeks start, 3 teams off!!!

Postby Matthias » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:54 pm

stomperrob wrote:It's a damn nuisance and very inconsiderate of the NFL!!!

Bah. That, "damn nuisance" gives me another week of football each season. I want four bye weeks!
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazing Oopah » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:15 am

stomperrob wrote:*And yes, I do realize that Oakland has a bye this weekend too but if you are unfortunate enough to have one of their players on your roster would you really wanna start a Raider this week anyway??? Against anyone??? So they don't count!

the way the Raiders are playing right now, they are basically a bye week for their opponent anyways !+)
Amazing Oopah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bklik » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:43 am

stomperrob wrote:Those horrible things called "bye weeks" that are the bane of FF existence begin with Week #3 with Dallas, KC and San Diego off*. Now we have to start that horrible roster juggling with our TE's, K's & Def's. Oh well, at least it ends a week earlier this year (but that does make things worse in weeks 6 & 7 when 6 teams are off each of those weeks). It's a damn nuisance and very inconsiderate of the NFL!!!

*And yes, I do realize that Oakland has a bye this weekend too but if you are unfortunate enough to have one of their players on your roster would you really wanna start a Raider this week anyway??? Against anyone??? So they don't count!

I didnt start any this week, and it was in my Oakland Raiders Only leauge.
TEAM A
LEINART, farve
HOUSH, ROY WILLIAMS, DRIVER, hackett, bennett, marshal
RUDI, BUSH, JORDAN, green
HEAP

TEAM B
PEYTON
WAYNE, BOLDIN, MARSHALL, gonzalez, marshall
PARKER, GREEN, chester, betts
WINSLOW
bklik
Head Coach