Mike Turner,Whats his value.Is he this years LJ. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mike Turner,Whats his value.Is he this years LJ.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mike Turner,Whats his value.Is he this years LJ.

Postby Crystalstorm » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:14 am

What is Mike Turners value(he's by far the best Back-up RB in Football,that doesn't split carries).Especially to an LT owner.
Is Turner worth stashing until LT gets hurt(I see LT getting hurt sooner than later).Turner could be this years LJ.
Problem is,is that LT probably only missed 1 game since pop warner football.Is it bound to catch up with him.LT seems too durable.he even plays hurt.Cracked ribs last year.
I grabbed LJ last year,and won my league,because of him.I'm hoping for the same thing with Turner.
What does one do with Turner,especially after yesterday's big game. :-]
Crystalstorm
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gatorman1122 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:35 am

What does one do with Turner,especially after yesterday's big game. smirk.gif

Absolutely NOTHING :-/
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mike Turner,Whats his value.Is he this years LJ.

Postby Bowie » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:40 am

Crystalstorm wrote:Is Turner worth stashing until LT gets hurt(I see LT getting hurt sooner than later).Turner could be this years LJ. Problem is,is that LT probably only missed 1 game since pop warner football.Is it bound to catch up with him.LT seems too durable.he even plays hurt.Cracked ribs last year.

So you logic is that because LT2 is so durable, he is bound to get hurt soon? Manning owners beware!!! He must be due for injury as well!!!

Turner will be good (not LJ good, but good) if LT2 goes down, and LT2 could go down although there is no reason to believe he will.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:53 am

Turner has minimal value right now. LT would need to suffer a season ending injury for Turner to even have a chance at being something similiar to LJ last year.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:46 pm

Crystalstorm wrote:What is Mike Turners value(he's by far the best Back-up RB in Football,that doesn't split carries).Especially to an LT owner.
Is Turner worth stashing until LT gets hurt(I see LT getting hurt sooner than later).Turner could be this years LJ.
Problem is,is that LT probably only missed 1 game since pop warner football.Is it bound to catch up with him.LT seems too durable.he even plays hurt.Cracked ribs last year.
I grabbed LJ last year,and won my league,because of him.I'm hoping for the same thing with Turner.
What does one do with Turner,especially after yesterday's big game. :-]

So you just picked a random backup and say that the starter will get hurt?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby scsi1 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:55 pm

Turner has value in keeper leagues. He will be a UFA or RFA (not sure) next year and will probably command more on the open market than the Chargers can pay a backup.

He could be next years Chester Taylor.
scsi1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby arod77 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:59 pm

Personally, If had Tomlinson then I would hancuff him with Burner Turner.

Saying that, I don't believe that Tomlinson will get hurt. Turner's value is only in blowout games or to give LT a breather.

The LJ situation was different. Priest was already 32 and had a history of injuries. So, most figured that priest wouldn't make it through the year. That combined with the fact that LJ was a beast is why he was so valuable.

This situation is different. Yes, Burner Turner would be a Top 12 back (IMO) but LT is just 27 years old and is extremely durable and is the best back in the league. In fantasy terms, he top 2 or 3 but in real life terms he is THE BEST BACK IN FOOTBALL - BAR NONE.

So, Turner has no value right now except for blowout games. The chargers blew out the raiders and Titans and that is why Turner was in. Normally, I see him getting 3-10 carries.
arod77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SniperShot » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:16 pm

I love how like 70% of Turners yards came in garbage time and 50% of it came on one play now he is a fantasy stud.

Lol. I wish life were that easy...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Matthias » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:17 pm

Crystalstorm wrote: I grabbed LJ last year,and won my league,because of him.I'm hoping for the same thing with Turner.

Well, I wouldn't, "hope" for Tomlinson to get injured.

But as far as your comparison goes? Completely different situations. Tomlinson is a workhorse still in his prime. Holmes last year was considered a year or two from retirement at the start of last season and so big injury questions just related to his age.

If you want to know who might be the best bet to be this year's LJ, it's looking like Maroney.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:22 pm

there is only one LJ. and there is not a situation that is similar this year. these threads are out of control.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Next

Return to Football Talk