What's going on with the Te's?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What's going on with the Te's??

Moderator: Football Moderators

What's going on with the Te's??

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:26 am

This was suppose to be the year of great depth at TE and through the first 2 weeks none of the stud TE are doing much.

Who do you think will end up being the #1 fantasy TE by seasons end?
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Humpback » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:18 pm

It's the same thing that usually happens with the TE's, that's why they're the least important position in FF (besides K and DST, of course). They're so tough to figure from week to week nevermind for the entire season. Usually, the cream rises to the top by the end of the season, but unless you have a Gates or a Gonzo (from a few seasons ago), the difference between the #4 and #10 TE is minimal. I still expect to see Gates, Gonzo and Shockey at the top by the end of the year.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby vitalogist » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:01 pm

2nd straight 5 catch day for todd heap, and a td yesterday... mcnair is going to get it to him this year...
vitalogist
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:18 pm

i have heap...that td helped out alot yesterday, i just wish he would get some more yards
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:21 pm

I dont like Gates thus far, 1 td and 6 catches in 2 games? yikes.

But they played some crummy teams and let LT and their defense win the game, no need to put the ball in the air for a pick, hopefully some games will be closer and they will start abusing gates some more.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby skinsfan » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:06 pm

Heap hasn't been bad for me. 50 yards in week one and a TD yesterday.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Rosstafarian » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:32 pm

LJ Smith with 111 yards yesterday. As long as McNabb stays healthy, I think he'll be in the top 3-5 by year's end.
Rosstafarian
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deacon » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:57 pm

Humpback wrote:that's why they're the least important position in FF (besides K and DST, of course).

How is the DST 'least important'? A good DST will give more consistent points than most WRs and #2 RBs.
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:04 pm

deacon wrote:
Humpback wrote:that's why they're the least important position in FF (besides K and DST, of course).

How is the DST 'least important'? A good DST will give more consistent points than most WRs and #2 RBs.

I think its considered least important because you can always play the matchups and grab a decent DST off the WW. The same concept of why RBs are the most important, because there are less available.

midway through the season, you cant really find a solid or consistant RB or WR on the WW, but if you look at the DST's available each one, one of them can usually be picked up who is playing a bad team and can get you pretty decent production.

So, by least important, i dont think the poster meant least productive, just that the quality of the Defenses available compared to who you have on your team is not that great of a difference.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:42 pm

Alkaholik wrote:I dont like Gates thus far, 1 td and 6 catches in 2 games? yikes.

But they played some crummy teams and let LT and their defense win the game, no need to put the ball in the air for a pick, hopefully some games will be closer and they will start abusing gates some more.

True, but what has put me back on board is the fact that Rivers threw 25/35 this week. Instead of 10 times. I think that eventually they'll start trusting Rivers to throw the ball and in turn will help out the Chargers offense.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Next

Return to Football Talk