What's going on with the Te's?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What's going on with the Te's??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:53 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:I dont like Gates thus far, 1 td and 6 catches in 2 games? yikes.

But they played some crummy teams and let LT and their defense win the game, no need to put the ball in the air for a pick, hopefully some games will be closer and they will start abusing gates some more.

True, but what has put me back on board is the fact that Rivers threw 25/35 this week. Instead of 10 times. I think that eventually they'll start trusting Rivers to throw the ball and in turn will help out the Chargers offense.

I sure hope he does, luckily i have won both weeks from other plays where gates was the complete weak link.

Once they have some harder matchups i hope they go to their goto man...the Gates Machine
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:31 am

An "elite" Tight End's place on your team if you play in a league that requires one gets underestimated a lot IMO. Last year the team in that sort of league that had Gates started every game over the teams that didn't with a fairly sizeable advantage.

This year I think the gap is going to be narrower, but I'd still rather play "musical lineup" with my third WR than with my TE. I got Heap in all 3 of my leagues (and reached a little in one to do so) just to have a TE I can plug in every week. To me, it's worth it.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk