Concerns with Steven Jackson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Concerns with Steven Jackson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mrblitz » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:29 pm

He is going to be a stud. Just relax.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dunbar2000 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:09 pm

I dont think the poster was panicing, just asking a question and it is one Im asking as well. Im not curious because of TD problems because I agree they will come, but Rams O in general AND Pace possibly being hurt in addition to the new center. It is easy to say Bulger and Holt will just come around, but it has been two games now and it is ridiculous how many times it seems like they have been stopped int he red zone.

Maybe the facts tell a different story so I of course am open to other interpretations, but I am definetely debating trading SJax, Bulger and Holt (I have Bulger and Holt in two leagues that I dont have SJax in). I would demand EQUAL VALUE for them so I dont know if it is possible to even do though at this point.

Anybody yall think would make sense to target, or who you'd be willing to trade for SJax. The Miami offensive problems seem just as bad, but Ronnie Brown perhaps? Although it seems like the sam eproblem exists there (overall O, O-line) and same positives almost (cupcake schedule and feature back).
He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.
-Ben Franklin

Should be applied to our current global situation and fantasy football as well.
Dunbar2000
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby jnjtk555 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:36 pm

i think stephen jackson will be fine, but i still miss the greatest show on turf.....I dont see good production from st. louis skill positions outside of SJAX....Bulger didnt even have 200yards passing yesterday. This is the same defense that warner and a mediocre run game put up 300+ yards and 3 TDS. Seems like the rams offense has become ordinary, departing from its big play potential......
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart and lean not to thine understanding"
jnjtk555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:54 pm

SJ will get his ;)
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby mattb47 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:03 pm

jnjtk555 wrote:i think stephen jackson will be fine, but i still miss the greatest show on turf.....I dont see good production from st. louis skill positions outside of SJAX....Bulger didnt even have 200yards passing yesterday. This is the same defense that warner and a mediocre run game put up 300+ yards and 3 TDS. Seems like the rams offense has become ordinary, departing from its big play potential......

It's a new offense, you have to give it time. Linehan knows how to get the ball downfield (see C-Pepp in his big years with Moss, Linehan was the OC) and so I wouldn't push the panic button yet on any of the STL skill players.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:04 pm

i almost ripped this kids head off in business class today over this, my teacher was kinda angry at us, he said that jackson sucks, and I came back with a hes got almost 300 total yards in 2 games, one of which was against a strong denver D, and he's like ya, but his 100 yard games aren't like your normal 100 yard games, the negative yard runs are pathetic, and while I agree there are too many of those, he can't do much when there are 10 guys in the backfield right off the step, now yes I agree that he does alot of bouncing and stutter stepping in the backfield, he is still a great back. Also, I think the offense is struggling right now because they played only 1 half together in the preseason, and that was when holt was out, so they're still really trying to learn and adjust to this system.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby ttwarrior1 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:33 pm

i have jackson in a td only league , ouch
ttwarrior1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:18 pm

ttwarrior1 wrote:i have jackson in a td only league , ouch

:-/
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kilroy » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:40 am

mattb47 wrote:
jnjtk555 wrote:i think stephen jackson will be fine, but i still miss the greatest show on turf.....I dont see good production from st. louis skill positions outside of SJAX....Bulger didnt even have 200yards passing yesterday. This is the same defense that warner and a mediocre run game put up 300+ yards and 3 TDS. Seems like the rams offense has become ordinary, departing from its big play potential......

It's a new offense, you have to give it time. Linehan knows how to get the ball downfield (see C-Pepp in his big years with Moss, Linehan was the OC) and so I wouldn't push the panic button yet on any of the STL skill players.

I hope you're right, because the Bulger-Holt combo in my $$ league so far has been a fizzle. With those kinda skill players on Offense I don't see any reason why S-Jax (who I own in two other leagues), Bulger, Holt, etc., can't all get some love.

I'm not worried about Jackson. Yardage totals have been fine, and the touchdowns will come. If there's cause for concern in St. Louis it's regarding the O-Line's play.

I'm hopin' it's just growing pains in a new offense. They should be able to move the ball this week against the Cards.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby pangbones » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:10 am

As I stated earlier, the O line is the problem. Bulger had no time to throw once Pace left the game. That is the only thing I see slowing this offense down. Otherwise Holt, Bulger, and Jax will all be fine.
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk