NFC North Standings - Updated 11/13/06 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Chicago Bears

NFC North Standings - Updated 11/13/06

Moderator: Football Moderators

NFC North Standings - Updated 11/13/06

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:25 pm

Code: Select all
Team      W   L    PF    PA
Bears     8   1   272   120
Packers   4   5   185   217
Vikings   4   5   147   158
Lions     2   7   175   222

I think we can put that Miami loss behind us now. Maybe it was fate - think 1985 - but clearly the Bears have rebounded. The first half was a bit shaky, but man, that second half was a thing of beauty. Maybe Grossman learned a thing or two after last week (and after Arizona). I seemed to take better care of the ball and he made some pretty good throws down the stretch.

If the Giants are the best the rest of the NFC has to offer, I think we can go ahead and pencil the Bears in for a Super Bowl spot.

Future Standings will focus on the four Division Leaders from now on. After the Queens choked another game to the Packers, and with the Lions mired in another forgettable season, it no longer seems fair to compare the Bears to the rest of the NFC North.
Last edited by knapplc on Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:35 am, edited 9 times in total.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:53 pm

I can imagine right now what ESPN talking heads will say about the upcoming Bears @ Vikings matchup. That the Bears have had it easy so far beating two weak teams (naturally forgetting all the praise they heaped on Detroit the week before) while the Vikings have shown they are winners beating Washington and Carolina (ignoring that both those teams are playing horribly).
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby First & Goal » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:01 pm

If our offense can keep it up, we're going to the Super Bowl!!!
First & Goal
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Luca Brasi » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:58 pm

wrong...we are going to WIN the Super Bowl!
Luca Brasi
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Postby JakeTrain72 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:29 am

Of all the preseason predictions I read coming into the season, the only "analyst" that I had the Bears doing anythin was Deion Sanders who picked them to win the whole thing.

I wasn't expecting the Bears to be this good this early, but I with the white sox leaving a bad taste in my mouth, it sure is nice to have one team playing well!

Go Bears!
JakeTrain72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Luca Brasi » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:44 pm

JakeTrain72 wrote:I wasn't expecting the Bears to be this good this early, but I with the white sox leaving a bad taste in my mouth, it sure is nice to have one team playing well!

Go Bears!

Ugg...damn Sox. The true test of a champion is making it into the playoffs the following year...doesn't look like its going to happen. I turned the game off halfway through last night I was so disgusted. I'm actually pulling for Detroit now, because I would much, much, rather see them take the Division rather than our most hated enemy, Minnesota!! The Sox dynasty was over before it started...oh well, we got one World series win, we'll probably get another one in another 97 years. I'm now hoping Reinsdorf starts putting some more money into reviving the original Chicago Dynasty on the basketball court.

I called my die-hard Sox fan buddy the other day, and all he had to talk about was the Bears!!!!!
Luca Brasi
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Postby First & Goal » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:06 pm

Thanks for the correction.

We will win the Superbowl ;-D .
First & Goal
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby First & Goal » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:33 pm

i work very close to their training facility and usually walk near there at lunch.

on Monday, I saw their LB coach jog past. He was in a very good mood and seemed like a really nice guy.

hopefully they will keep the wins coming.

Seattle should be a good test, even if Alexander is out ;-D
First & Goal
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby knapplc » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:29 pm

It's getting more and more clear that the Bears are going to take their division this year.

I'll update this after the Eagles beat the Pack tonight, but after last evening's drubbing of the Seahawks it looks like the Bears are just about unbeatable.

We've given up 29 points in four games, against at least two tough opponents (the Vikings and the reigning NFC champs), so it's not like we're lucking out on any of these wins. Plus we're scoring HUGE points, again against two tough defenses (Vikes and Sqwawks).

I'm liking where this season is heading! ;-D ;-D ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:52 am

Updated! ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Chicago Bears