The best RB in the NFL is..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The best RB in the NFL is.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Blackhawk » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:49 pm

DrSpackle wrote:The Falcons should just run the option. Sure, Vick wouldn't last more than a year or two in the system, but I bet they win the Super Bowl. When run effectively with the right athletes, the option is impossible to defend. Why do you think lowly Air Force gives high ranked college teams a run for their money now and then?

The option in the NFL. That would be so friggin awesome to see! Vick, Dunn, Norwood in the Power I or T Formation. Sweet.

That would be awesome to see!!

I'd have to say LT and include Rudi with the top tier.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for this awesome sig!
Blackhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:49 pm

kingctb27 wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
King Dubya wrote:Frank Gore.

:-b :-b :-b :-b

Why is this so hilarious? We are talking about a guy who started over Portis AND McGahee when he was healthy at Miami. He's not the best, no, but it is not laughable.

Top 5 in no particular order are...

LT
LJ
Ronnie Brown
Tiki Barber
Steven Jackson

It is extremely laughable to call him the best RB in the NFL. I'm not saying he's not good, but he is most certainly nowhere near the best in the NFL. It doesn't matter what happened in college, how many great college players amounted to nothing in the NFL....too many to count.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:57 pm

LaDanian Tomlinson is the best Running Back in the NFL. Period.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:38 pm

shoulda used a smiley, just messing with u guys :-b
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:50 pm

mattb47 wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:
mattb47 wrote:

Why is this so hilarious? We are talking about a guy who started over Portis AND McGahee when he was healthy at Miami. He's not the best, no, but it is not laughable.

LT
LJ
Ronnie Brown
Tiki Barber
Steven Jackson

It is extremely laughable to call him the best RB in the NFL. I'm not saying he's not good, but he is most certainly nowhere near the best in the NFL. It doesn't matter what happened in college, how many great college players amounted to nothing in the NFL....too many to count.

Maurice Clarett.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby mikus » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:03 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:
mattb47 wrote:

LT
LJ
Ronnie Brown
Tiki Barber
Steven Jackson

Maurice Clarett.

He might be the best RB in prison. Oh wait, wasn't Jim Brown in prison lately?
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:11 pm

mrblitz wrote:Vick is the best athlete at qb. Not the best qb. He is not a running back , so he can't be the best. LT is the best rb in the game.

But can he do a flip on ice skates?

Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:51 pm

Blackhawk wrote:
DrSpackle wrote:The Falcons should just run the option. Sure, Vick wouldn't last more than a year or two in the system, but I bet they win the Super Bowl. When run effectively with the right athletes, the option is impossible to defend. Why do you think lowly Air Force gives high ranked college teams a run for their money now and then?

The option in the NFL. That would be so friggin awesome to see! Vick, Dunn, Norwood in the Power I or T Formation. Sweet.

That would be awesome to see!!

I'd have to say LT and include Rudi with the top tier.

In college, yeah, but with the speed of NFL defenses approaching that of the offense you'll find it would be far less effective. Also, you want to give Urlacher a free shot at vick??? That's what pitching the ball allows. He pitches it to Dunn, gets destroyed by a linebacker and dunn gains maybe 10 more yards. Was it worth it?? Is it worth paying such a valuable position to run the option? Probably not.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby DrSpackle » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:58 pm

How much faster do you think the Tennessee's Vol's DEF are than the Air Force Falcons' backfield? No contest. Yet Air Force was right there with them until the end. It takes a lot more than speed to defend the option. Besides, when was the last time a pro coach had to gameplan against an option offense?

And yeah, Vick's gonna get hit a lot. But he gets hit a lot as it is. So why not run the option? Like I said, two years (max) and he's done, but I bet he and the rest of the Falcons get a ring. And isn't that why they play? To win a Super Bowl?

The option. Oh man, that would be awesome! Of course the Falcons won't try it. But, oh man, would that be awesome.
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:12 pm

Vick's injury vulnerability, when he runs downfield, is well-documented. As a pocket passer, he's of pedestrian fantasy value. As a guy who runs downfield, he's of great value -- but that value is fleeting, could fizzle at any time with an injury.

And those yards, the rushing yards that is, won't be consistent, even when he's healthy.

As far as him being the "best athlete" at QB: It's academic, since this is fantasy football and it's the stats that matter.

Give me Peyton, Carson, or Eli, not Mike Vick.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Football Talk