Two weeks in--Rank your top 25 players - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Two weeks in--Rank your top 25 players

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:47 pm

FF Newbie wrote:...but would you really rather have Fred Taylor or Deuce on your team than Steve Smith?

Yes.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby giants! » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:54 pm

skinsfan wrote:Keep in mind that my QBs may be ranked slightly higher than they deserve, as history proves that when the weather turns foul, the sort of games these guys have hard are hard to come by unless you play in a dome).

1. Alexander (Gaining momentum)
2. Tomlinson (soft D faced, he'll be great but not this great. Also SD tendency to pull him for Turner sets a ceiling for his production)
3. RBrown (playing tough Ds, put up good numbers)
4. Jackson (STL offense will give him many opportunities to grind out great games)
5. Johnson (Although the TD are lacking, the yardage is superb)
6. Tiki (Yardage outweighs the scarcity of TD)
7. McGahee (Looking very strong, expect big things)
8. Rudi (Something tells me this "tough schedule" won't limit the league's 2nd-best offense so much)
9. CTaylor (Wow. He's surprised one doubter, as has Minnestoa...expect 1400yd and double digit TDs)
10. Parker (His schedule is looking very tough now, but so far so good)
11. Edge
12. Manning
13. Palmer
14. CJohnson (Let's hope he stops getting laid out between the numbers and keeps up the stats)
15. Harrison (Manning remembered how good he is. Primed for a great year)
16. McNabb (He's back big-time)
17. Dunn (Vick steals his goal line TDs though)
18. Portis (Skins are letting him get healthy and seem committed to the run in almost any situation)
19. Fitzgerald
20. FTaylor (Undervalued)
21. Deuce (Bush gets yards, but Deuce gets yards and scores)
22. Holt (and he's falling in my rankings if Bulger and STL continues to struggle offensively)
23. Gore (Health worries me, as does the SF need to play catchup)
24. Boldin (Warner spreads the ball evenly)
25. Addai (Give him a week or two more and he'll be on fire. Grab him now if you have the goods to offer and the need for a #2 or #3.)

How Tomlinson is not ranked #1 right now is beyond me.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skinsfan » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:33 pm

giants! wrote:How Tomlinson is not ranked #1 right now is beyond me.

I explain it right there. He's done this against the two worst teams in the league, and Schottenheimer appears ready to turn the ground game over to Turner whenever the game's wrapped up. I like Tomlinson, but I still like Alexander better.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:36 pm

skinsfan wrote:
giants! wrote:How Tomlinson is not ranked #1 right now is beyond me.

I explain it right there. He's done this against the two worst teams in the league, and Schottenheimer appears ready to turn the ground game over to Turner whenever the game's wrapped up. I like Tomlinson, but I still like Alexander better.

What did Shaun do against Detroit, not exactly a powerhouse D?

You've gotta base this stuff first on what people have done and second on what you think people will do. But we're two weeks into the season, and if a player has gotten me to 0-2, then that plays into the equation.

Sure, Steve Smith and Jerry Porter are great talents. But as long as they're not playing, it's pretty hard for them to go anywhere but down in value.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bellings » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:07 am

LT has to be the #1. He faced some terrible D, but he D was SO BAD that he didn't get as many carries as normal. He's going to put up similar numbers against a good D just because he's actually going to play all 4 quarters.

Also, the scoring system of course matters a lot. I'd say that with yardage heavy league, Dunn is about #10, but in TD's only leagues he may not be top 25.
bellings
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk