A-Train=Hero - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

A-Train=Hero

Moderator: Football Moderators

A-Train=Hero

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:13 pm

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Chicago Bears running back Anthony Thomas helped pull a man from a burning car. The 2001 rookie of the year was on his way to visit teammate David Terrell late Sunday when he saw a smoldering car on the road. "The car was smoking at first, but it wasn't really on fire," Thomas said. "But when I got there and I pulled over, it sounded like, 'Boom,' and then a tire popped and a big fire blew out.When you see a car fire you never know if it's going to blow up or not. So the main thing, I was trying to get the guy away from the car and get me and my wife away from the car." No one was injured. The police said Monday their report on the incident was not available. The Bears had a bye Sunday and play Detroit this week. "Good time to have a bye week, I guess," Bears coach Dick Jauron said. "I'm glad I gave him the time off. He was in the right place at the right time.It doesn't surprise me. He's really a solid person. That's a great story." After Terrell found out what happened, he was quick to tell the tale at Halas Hall on Monday. "We've got a super hero on the team now," Terrell said.

Not really any fantasy implications,just thought it was a good story.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:23 pm

Wow, that is a good story. It's great to see a player do something positive instead of seeing Randy Moss stories all the time... ;-D

Thanks for the heads-up!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slowkidz » Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:37 pm

It's great to know there are some players out there who think more of others than themselves. A great story and a great player! On a sidenote, I heard that the driver may not be aware of this since he was charged soon after for a DUI. ouch!
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:06 am

That is a great story.

Friendliness: %

Postby terpfan » Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:38 pm

now if only the a train would be a hero on the field...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:29 pm

I agree terp...and nice quote btw! HA!
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby mtuhusky » Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:22 am

The train will eventually get back on track jsut like the bus has...he IS a former wolverine ya know ;-D
mtuhusky
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Thu Oct 17, 2002 10:55 am

That is a great story and like arlo said im glad to see a player get some good publicity for once.
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk