Owens's MNF autograph move disrespectful or insightful? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Owens's MNF autograph move disrespectful or insightful?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Pattyboy » Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:21 pm

Please post opinions as I am curious to see how others view Owens' actions.
Pattyboy

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby jongham » Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:18 pm

all i have to say is that he is one talented guy to run with a pen in his cleat
hes the dennis rodman of football, hes a nut job but is very good at his game
jongham

Friendliness: %

Postby slowkidz » Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:33 pm

It was a lil disrespectful seeing how the guy was in the Shawn Springs box, but it was a unique T.O. performance. Would you expect anything else? You've gotta love that guy!
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby terpfan » Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:48 pm

i didnt really have a problem with it. it sure wasnt a problem for the fan! it may have been a bit disrespectful, but i think it was blown way out of proportion. i saw TO being interviewed by sean salisbury on espn this morning and it made me sick, how sean was interrogating the poor guy. give him a break, i dont think it was as bad as the dallas incident, i did have a problem with that one (and i HATE the cowboys...)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mtuhusky » Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:26 am

If he's gonna put up numbers and help his team, i don't see why a little pizazz after a touchdown is such a big deal...if another reciever other than T.O. would've done it...it wouldn't have been blown out of proportion
mtuhusky
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SuperCafone » Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:53 am

I think they are making a big deal about it, it is disrespectful though but they are playing a tough game where there is supposed to be no whining for that kind of stuff
solo c'è la vittoria
SuperCafone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kashikis » Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:13 am

For once TO actually did something nice for someone else except himself and gets crucified for it. YES it was disrespectful and should have been handled after the game, but i think he just used that moment to prove he wasn't such a bad guy and it backfired. I'm a fan of the game and I'll tell you what if my fav player did that for me i'd freak out i'd be so happy. So that said let it slide.
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:15 am

For once TO actually did something nice for someone else except himself and gets crucified for it. YES it was disrespectful and should have been handled after the game, but i think he just used that moment to prove he wasn't such a bad guy and it backfired. I'm a fan of the game and I'll tell you what if my fav player did that for me i'd freak out i'd be so happy. So that said let it slide.
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby fntsyrookie » Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:49 am

It wasn't like he was signing the ball for an adoring little boy or girl though. He was signing it for his financial advisor. He could have easily done that at any other time. He just wanted the spotlight and attention, so he chose to do it then. I know he is a great playmaker etc. etc. but it just seemed ridiculous to do it then. It would have been a much nicer sentiment had it been his mom, a grandma, some kid etc. etc. But his financial advisor? Come on T.O.!!!! If you want us to believe you're doing something nice for someone, then do it for someone that you're not going to see in the next month to discuss how to invest your millions!!!
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Sat Oct 19, 2002 11:43 am

Neither, just funny !
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Next

Return to Football Talk