Limbaugh vs McNabb - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Limbaugh vs McNabb

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:04 pm

Wesley Walker wrote:Start Limbaugh. He's not as mobile as McNabb but he won't through as many picks.

This is tough, but you should probably go with McNabb. There is just too much of a risk that Rush will pass out when he drops back to pass.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikehunt » Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:07 pm

I think Espn was just trying to create a contraverse and feul a situation. The create old media fire starter. It is funny how Limbaugh is say the media is great a situation with the sucess of a Mcnabb(black QB) when he has just created a huge media Frenzy over it. What a moron Russ is he has no sense just letting is ass talk nosense. Anyways I think McNabb did the adult thing on his comments back.
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MattC » Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:25 pm

Rush's thinking is faulty . . . If the NFL 'wanted' a black QB to be succesful why wouldn't they be making Steve McNair a household name? His last couple of seasons have been phenomenal. McNabb is a product of his AGENTS media machine, like Vick is of his etc. etc. . . The NFL as on organization pushes its product, the game of football, not individual players. Besides, there is a rich history of succesful black QB's in the NFL (Doug Williams, Randall Cunningham) if the league is pushing anything based on race it's COACHES. Players of all races have proven that they can get it done on the field without being helped along by the league.
MattC
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:28 pm

It's really starting to sound like Limbaugh is going to be fired soon. Wow, what a great career at ESPN, Rush.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Haz » Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:53 am

He resigned tonight.
Haz

Friendliness: %

Postby JRRNeiklot » Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:39 pm

It's a sad day when a man get's fired, and let's face it, that's what happenned in all but name, for simply stating an opinion. Whether or not we agree with Rush is irrelevant. Every sports fan should be pissed as hell about this.
JRRNeiklot
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ondeckb » Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:09 pm

hawksfan896 wrote:Rush is a brown streak on the underwear of sports. I hope they take his little challenge flag and gag his stupid ass with it. WTF was ESPN thinking?

The best comment I've heard on Limbaugh concerns him being a big fat idiot.....I don't think that's fair....I think he's lost some weight.
ondeckb
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk