jamal lewis wont keep up his stats - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

jamal lewis wont keep up his stats

Moderator: Football Moderators

jamal lewis wont keep up his stats

Postby irishboy » Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:11 pm

i personally dont think jamal lewis will run like he has over the first month of the season for the rest of the year; i involved him in a trade for shaun alexander and darell jackson; im pretty sure i did the right thing cause my gut tells me shaun will explode later while lewis will go down;

any comments?
Last edited by irishboy on Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
IRISH PRIDE (WHAT'S WRONG WITH ALL CAPS)
irishboy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:11 pm

He's a good RB but he's not as good as he looked during week 2. Good trade with Alexander's easy scheldule.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:14 pm

I agree, I don't think he can keep running at that pace. If he did he would end the year with like 2000 yds.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby hawksfan896 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:21 pm

Any trade where you get 2 hawks is a good trade in my book. I just got Bobby Engram and Mack Strong for Priest Holmes myself. ;-D

j/k. Seriously I think it's a decent trade, I woulda traded Shaun for Jamal before the season started no problem, and probably would straight up right now, DJ is just butter.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Brunoextravaganza » Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:37 pm

great trade get rid of somebody who is hot
http://sportsnstuff.proboards19.com/index.cgi
Brunoextravaganza
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby V-unit » Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:24 am

I disagree i think J.Lewis will be way more consitant than Alexander this year.Alexander is just way to streaky for me some games he can 100yds and 2td while in others he will have 45yds and 0td.I think you will regret the trade by the end of the season.
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Homeless » Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:21 am

There is no reason for him not to continue to produce decent numbers all year, his schedule isnt bad either.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Paladyr » Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:45 am

V-unit wrote:I disagree i think J.Lewis will be way more consitant than Alexander this year.Alexander is just way to streaky for me some games he can 100yds and 2td while in others he will have 45yds and 0td.I think you will regret the trade by the end of the season.

Exactly. Alexander is a horrible runner. I've gone off on him before. "HE" decides when he is going to break off a long run, instead of pounding through the line every down trying to get extra yards. Lewis will outperform Alexander this year no question. He's two years removed from his surgery and is a BEAST. The only reason that might be a decent trade is because jackson should do okay.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby brdmaverick » Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:03 am

Why shouldn't lewis keep up the pace? He has yet to play theBengals, and he still has another game against the Browns.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

lewis

Postby irishboy » Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:14 am

the only reason lewis' stats look so good is because of that one game against cleveland which he is sure not to reproduce; its b/c lewis is the whole eltimore offense that defenses will eventually key in on him and shut him down; alexander is set in a high powered offense which allows him to excel, similarly to priest holmes
IRISH PRIDE (WHAT'S WRONG WITH ALL CAPS)
irishboy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk