jamal lewis wont keep up his stats - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

jamal lewis wont keep up his stats

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby fantasyfootball_tx » Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:07 pm

awwchrist wrote:first off...Jamal Lewis is NOT a 30 touch back. He's barely a 25 touch back. Fact of the matter is he barely gets 25 carries a game. Look at his history. He does not catch the ball. He does not carry the ball OVER 25 times a game. So quit pegging this guy as someone who does.

Yes this guy is good. And with allllllll the RB problems this season, finding a good RB to start that isn't involved with a nagging injury or involved with a RBBC scenario, a good RB becomes a great RB. But eventually injuries will heal and RBBC might end up in a one back system...

Lets not look at him with rose colored glasses. Be critical of this guy. He's riding the train of a record breaking game with no history other than the same exact performances against the same exact Cleveland Browns for the last 3 seasons.

Yes he's good. But in the overall grand scheme, he's not great.

You have more than enough history to warrant trading him away while his value is still high. Unless you need a starter.


"FIRST OFF", Jamal is leading the league in carries right now with 94. And he HAS had over 25 carries in 2 out of their 4 games. He's also leading the league in rushing with 611yds, the closest person to that has 442yds. And also is 2nd in scoring with 5tds. To say this guy isn't great is STUPID.
"Don't Mess With Texas"
fantasyfootball_tx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 180
Joined: 18 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AcumenJay » Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:07 pm

Anonymous wrote:Jamal lewis is still too young to peg as not great. Stephen Davis is five years older than him. Lewis had a good rookie year then he got hurt. He came off injury pretty strong the year after. Now he is fully recovered and this is a prime year for him to break out. I mean the guy just turned 24 c'mon. He was hurt at 22 and recovering at 23. He was the 5th pick overall in the draft for a reason man. Don't try and shoot him down. Go ahead and trade him though if you like a longer history to judge players on. Some people are more risk adverse than others. I like to speculate on the breakouts to get the best value while others like to go with the steady proven player. There is no right or wrong answer. We'll have to come back at week 12 or 13 and see how things are shaping up for the final run to see who will be positioned to be a top back.


....forgot to log in before
AcumenJay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 219
Joined: 17 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby da_corkeys » Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:17 pm

fantasyfootball_tx wrote:
awwchrist wrote:first off...Jamal Lewis is NOT a 30 touch back. He's barely a 25 touch back. Fact of the matter is he barely gets 25 carries a game. Look at his history. He does not catch the ball. He does not carry the ball OVER 25 times a game. So quit pegging this guy as someone who does.

Yes this guy is good. And with allllllll the RB problems this season, finding a good RB to start that isn't involved with a nagging injury or involved with a RBBC scenario, a good RB becomes a great RB. But eventually injuries will heal and RBBC might end up in a one back system...

Lets not look at him with rose colored glasses. Be critical of this guy. He's riding the train of a record breaking game with no history other than the same exact performances against the same exact Cleveland Browns for the last 3 seasons.

Yes he's good. But in the overall grand scheme, he's not great.

You have more than enough history to warrant trading him away while his value is still high. Unless you need a starter.


"FIRST OFF", Jamal is leading the league in carries right now with 94. And he HAS had over 25 carries in 2 out of their 4 games. He's also leading the league in rushing with 611yds, the closest person to that has 442yds. And also is 2nd in scoring with 5tds. To say this guy isn't great is STUPID.


Yes you are stupid for saying Jamal isent GREAT because he is and you know it unless you are just that stupid and if you are you need to leave.
da_corkeys


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Buckychudd » Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:28 pm

da_corkeys wrote:Yes you are stupid for saying Jamal isent GREAT because he is and you know it unless you are just that stupid and if you are you need to leave.

Eliquent post.....

But really, I don't think anybody said he would average 30+ carries. Fact is I don't think anyone has ever done that. But he has already had one 30 carry game this year and two 20+ games. Last year, coming off major knee surgery, he had eight 20+ carry games.

I'm not saying he is at the level of Holmes, Williams, or Tomlinson.....but I am saying that he is better than Alexander.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 2226
Joined: 4 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AcumenJay » Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:33 pm

How did we go from arguments that were somewhat well thought out to that post :-t

Also, keep in mind that a couple backs had a bye week and haven't played for a game, or 25% of the season thus far. Jamal won't lead the league in carries, but he does get the ball plenty. It's funny. I'm sure most of the people that argue the pros have him and the people arguing the cons either traded him or never did. People get all emotional like someone is talking smack about your friend. You need to keep emotion out of your decisions the best you can when it comes to this game. (Well if you playing for money).

edit: bucky beat me to the post...
AcumenJay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 219
Joined: 17 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby fantasyfootball_tx » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:03 pm

Buckychudd wrote:Eliquent post......


Eliquent isn't a word, It's spelled El-o-quent if that's what you meant.

Sorry to...exasperate (lol) but I just had to correct you.
"Don't Mess With Texas"
fantasyfootball_tx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 180
Joined: 18 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtarail » Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:00 pm

In Chudd's defense, I think he spelled that sarcastically. He was responding to this post:

Yes you are stupid for saying Jamal isent GREAT because he is and you know it unless you are just that stupid and if you are you need to leave.


At the point when isn't gets spelled with an E you've gotta have some sarcasm... ;-)
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 970
Joined: 27 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby awwchrist » Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:02 pm

da_corkeys wrote:
fantasyfootball_tx wrote:
awwchrist wrote:first off...Jamal Lewis is NOT a 30 touch back. He's barely a 25 touch back. Fact of the matter is he barely gets 25 carries a game. Look at his history. He does not catch the ball. He does not carry the ball OVER 25 times a game. So quit pegging this guy as someone who does.

Yes this guy is good. And with allllllll the RB problems this season, finding a good RB to start that isn't involved with a nagging injury or involved with a RBBC scenario, a good RB becomes a great RB. But eventually injuries will heal and RBBC might end up in a one back system...

Lets not look at him with rose colored glasses. Be critical of this guy. He's riding the train of a record breaking game with no history other than the same exact performances against the same exact Cleveland Browns for the last 3 seasons.

Yes he's good. But in the overall grand scheme, he's not great.

You have more than enough history to warrant trading him away while his value is still high. Unless you need a starter.


"FIRST OFF", Jamal is leading the league in carries right now with 94. And he HAS had over 25 carries in 2 out of their 4 games. He's also leading the league in rushing with 611yds, the closest person to that has 442yds. And also is 2nd in scoring with 5tds. To say this guy isn't great is STUPID.


Yes you are stupid for saying Jamal isent GREAT because he is and you know it unless you are just that stupid and if you are you need to leave.



crap, I'm stupid. Dude, why don't you actually attempt to argue a point, leave something relevant to the discussion instead of that garbage.

Damn I hate guests.
Last edited by awwchrist on Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
________________________________________
26-13
Only 3 leagues this year. No sense in rooting for everyone in the NFL.
awwchrist
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9433
Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: see that 1:hidden? That's me.

Postby awwchrist » Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:16 pm

yeah I'm not saying he's not a good back. I don't know why everyone freaks out when owners don't fall all over themselves over 3 games.

Sometimes it's better to error on the side of caution.
Image
________________________________________
26-13
Only 3 leagues this year. No sense in rooting for everyone in the NFL.
awwchrist
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9433
Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: see that 1:hidden? That's me.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:26 pm

Regardless of what the guest wrote TX replied to your argument with very good statistics and I agree with him.
Guest


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 8:49 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact