Quote from Mike Tice - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Quote from Mike Tice

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SinCity » Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:49 pm

First of all I understand that FF is just a game. Some peoples do have cash on the line in these games. Saying all that, I don't think that this board is a rumor mill. Any story that can't be back up by other posters or found in print somewhere is a rumor if you ask me. But, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
Ya know that a lier might have been a to strong of a word to use. How about "take for whats it worth."
I can guarantee it's not fake news

I guess I should have just quoted this part of your post and let it go. I really wasn't trying to call you out but posts like this.

Me being a VET. I'm not a cafe vet. I'm the new guy, I found it easy to give my opinion(sp) about who to start and how poeple did in thier draft. Thats how I got my post count. I'm not a beloved member of the boards, I'm sure some mods don't even know who I'am. Please don't think that my words come from the dedicated members of this board about rules or conduct on the board.
There's my pease.
Image
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1860
Joined: 12 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: KC MO

Postby cwebb » Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:39 am

SinCity wrote:I'm not a beloved member of the boards, I'm sure some mods don't even know who I'am.


But many users around here know you and appreciate your help you've offered them! And most mods know your name, I'm sure of that!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 1815
Joined: 4 Jan 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Huddle

Postby kid a » Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:53 am

SinCity wrote:First of all I understand that FF is just a game. Some peoples do have cash on the line in these games. Saying all that, I don't think that this board is a rumor mill. Any story that can't be back up by other posters or found in print somewhere is a rumor if you ask me. But, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
Ya know that a lier might have been a to strong of a word to use. How about "take for whats it worth."
I can guarantee it's not fake news

I guess I should have just quoted this part of your post and let it go. I really wasn't trying to call you out but posts like this.

Me being a VET. I'm not a cafe vet. I'm the new guy, I found it easy to give my opinion(sp) about who to start and how poeple did in thier draft. Thats how I got my post count. I'm not a beloved member of the boards, I'm sure some mods don't even know who I'am. Please don't think that my words come from the dedicated members of this board about rules or conduct on the board.
There's my pease.



Understood, I think you were a tad harsh at first, and I overreacted to that. No hard feelings.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 524
Joined: 11 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Top of the standings you suckaz!!!

Postby wizbang » Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:33 pm

Tice's comment is being widely reported. If you haven't see it yet you are looking in the wrong place.

The EXCELLENT point made a few post up was "did Tice really mean it". To go a step further I'll add the question Will he stick to it?

It's difficult to say but if OS gets 20/game with that OL and his talent he'll be a fantasy stud. When I drafted OS I targeted Week 5 for his impact (and posted this here a few times). I forget, what weekend will this be in the NFL? Week 4? No. Week 2? No. Week 6? No. oh yeah... it's WEEK 5!

insert self patting on back. ;-D

Unless Henry is a sure go OS is going in my starting lineup.
wizbang


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby fntsyrookie » Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:59 pm

I've been hearing that Tice wants to expand his role every week since the get go. It happened last week...a little. It's all about the carries. How many does everybody think he'll get? I agree if he gets 20 or so touches he could have a huge game, but will that actually happen?
Image
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 2576
Joined: 8 Oct 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SinCity » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:10 pm

It's been widely reported now, but at the time of my first post it wasn't.
Image
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1860
Joined: 12 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: KC MO

Postby SinCity » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:28 pm

And most mods know your name, I'm sure of that!

Is that a good thing? hehe.
Image
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1860
Joined: 12 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: KC MO

Postby Homeless » Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:49 am

SinCity wrote:
And most mods know your name, I'm sure of that!

Is that a good thing? hehe.


It depends }:-) :-)
Image
Image
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 10011
Joined: 21 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby kwirefire » Sat Oct 04, 2003 3:32 pm

I just Dumped Smith last week. I tried to scoop him up again, but someone beat me too it in both my leagues.

Oct 3 According to the Star Tribune, coach Mike Tice said yesterday on his radio show that rookie running back Onterrio Smith will rush for at least 100 yards against the Falcons Sunday. "He told me today in practice," Smith said. "He told me I was going to have to back him up
."

I don't know if Tice is following Fassel's lead... but that sounds like a guarantee to me...

Being a vikes fan I wanted to pick up Smith so I'd reap the benefits if he gets his breakout day.

But if his intentions are to get Smith 100+ why make the game plan public... My guess goes to Smith being a used as a diversion, and Moss or Burleson having another big day.[/quote]
kwirefire
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 185
Joined: 28 Sep 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: row 12 upperdeck endzone, Metrodome

Postby Paladyr » Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:49 pm

kwirefire wrote:I just Dumped Smith last week. I tried to scoop him up again, but someone beat me too it in both my leagues.

Oct 3 According to the Star Tribune, coach Mike Tice said yesterday on his radio show that rookie running back Onterrio Smith will rush for at least 100 yards against the Falcons Sunday. "He told me today in practice," Smith said. "He told me I was going to have to back him up
."

I don't know if Tice is following Fassel's lead... but that sounds like a guarantee to me...

Being a vikes fan I wanted to pick up Smith so I'd reap the benefits if he gets his breakout day.

But if his intentions are to get Smith 100+ why make the game plan public... My guess goes to Smith being a used as a diversion, and Moss or Burleson having another big day.
[/quote]

Doubt it, we are talking about atlanta here. You don't need to "trick" them to beat them. You can do pretty much anything you want.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2454
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: wallowing in my own crapulence

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 10:03 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact