Clarett gets 7 1/2 years - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Clarett gets 7 1/2 years

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Bowie » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:43 pm

LS2throwed wrote:lets not forget how the NFL did him before this all happened, originally said he could be in the league then changed their minds...that was completely wrong how they did him...


That wasn't Clarett. It was the USC WR (what's his name - the fat one in Detroit now?). And it wasn't the NFL, it was his handlers who said he would be allowed because they thought Clarett was going to win his lawsuit aginst the NFL (I love how they are supposedly responsible for keeping Clarett out of trouble when his only contribution to the league was lawyers' fees). Clarett didn't win, but the USC WR had already given up his eligability, so he had to sit out a year too.

moochman wrote:Do you guys understand that there was a real possibility that Clarett wouldn't have turned into a felon if he would have been able to do the one thing he could do well that was legal: Play football.

Going from that premise he may have matured in his time in football and been a productive member of society. So paying for his crime is a mute point, since there would have been no felony to pay for.


He had every oportunity to play football. He screwed them all up. No one is responsible for paying that punk a bunch of money to play a game so that he won't become a felon. Do you realize how absurd your argument is?

And don't forget that Clarett commited insurance fraud before he was kicked off the team. Playing football sure didn't keep him out of trouble there.
Last edited by Bowie on Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1594
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Panama

Postby moochman » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:27 pm

Bowie wrote:
moochman wrote:Do you guys understand that there was a real possibility that Clarett wouldn't have turned into a felon if he would have been able to do the one thing he could do well that was legal: Play football.

Going from that premise he may have matured in his time in football and been a productive member of society. So paying for his crime is a mute point, since there would have been no felony to pay for.


He had every oportunity to play football. He screwed them all up. No one is responsible for paying that punk a bunch of money to play a game so that he won't become a felon. Do you realize how absurd your argument is?

And don't forget that Clarett commited insurance fraud before he was kicked off the team. Playing football sure didn't keep him out of trouble there.


Do you realize how absurd your comprehension skills are? The money or that he is a punk are besides the point. The point is that he could have become a productive member of society but instead ended up in prison. For example: if he'd been allowed to play football we'd be replying to a thread on the prospects of his production this weekend instead of debating societal vs personal responsibilities.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16302
(Past Year: 82)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Postby Bowie » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:40 pm

moochman wrote:Do you realize how absurd your comprehension skills are?


It is fine to disagree with my argument (I certainly disagree with yours), but personal attacks are not appreciated. :-t

I’m done here.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1594
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Panama

Postby moochman » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:53 pm

Bowie wrote:
moochman wrote:Do you realize how absurd your comprehension skills are?


It is fine to disagree with my argument (I certainly disagree with yours), but personal attacks are not appreciated. :-t

I’m done here.


Do you realize how absurd your argument is?


Your own words dude.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16302
(Past Year: 82)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Postby Bowie » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:32 pm

I attacked your argument. You attacked me.

Doesn't really matter. It's over.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1594
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Panama

Postby stomperrob » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:16 am

Cue the hamster - this ones done!
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Postby dgan » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:21 am

Lawrence Phillips and Brent Moss. Giving someone who can't handle responsibility millions of dollars generally does not fix their character issues. That's all I'm saying...
Image
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2941
Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The frozen tundra of Lambeau Field

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:07 am

Bowie wrote:I attacked your argument. You attacked me.

Doesn't really matter. It's over.



I wasn't attacking at all. I merely chose to use your words to rebut your calling my arguement absurd. I had said earlier that I felt we were talking different languages, I never said for a moment that your thoughts were absurd. Just that you weren't able to understand my point, that's comprehension. And that is probably my fault for not finding the right words to express my thoughts on this matter. That and my knee-jerk reactions to cut-n-dry rationalizations.
Sorry if I offended you Bowie.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16302
(Past Year: 82)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Postby cobra333 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:35 am

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't he go to the Broncos and then get cut for being lazy/out of shape?

So he did get his chance to play but blew it with his work ethic.
I also heard that while at the Broncos he showed up to a team workout pretty much drunk/buzzed.
cobra333
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 137
Joined: 16 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:01 pm

cobra333 wrote:Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't he go to the Broncos and then get cut for being lazy/out of shape?

So he did get his chance to play but blew it with his work ethic.
I also heard that while at the Broncos he showed up to a team workout pretty much drunk/buzzed.


You're not wrong, but that was after Clarett wasn't allowed to play for a year. He did not use his time wisely, to say the least.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16302
(Past Year: 82)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 1:46 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact