Time to sell high of FRANK GORE? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Time to sell high of FRANK GORE?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Time to sell high of FRANK GORE?

Postby waterproof » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:41 pm

What do you think of him for the rest of the season? He's my 3rd back in 2 leagues, and I'm starting to get interest... or would people recommend holding Gore and moving a 1st or 2nd round back on the hopes that he turns into 1.

Any idea what he's worth? It's hard because leagues have different scoring, but I think I might be able to get a 2nd rounder for him now...

Any thoughts?

I'm in non-keepers, but I assume this would apply to keeper leagues as well.

edited for grammer
Last edited by waterproof on Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waterproof
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RJ24VC15 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:43 pm

Unless your really weak at another position you should keep the 3 RB's. Gore will produce like a #1 back this season, so you will not get equal value for him.
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kingctb27 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:03 pm

No, No, No...

Guys that are every down backs are few and far between, Gore is one of them. Don't sell, period.
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jdsun1 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:05 pm

kingctb27 wrote:No, No, No...

Guys that are every down backs are few and far between, Gore is one of them. Don't sell, period.

Well said. It's hard to replace an everydown back who is as big and powerful as he is.
jdsun1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby gatorman1122 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:08 pm

Meh, I did. (Traded him for McGahee)

Gore racked up points against 2 weak D's (Ari, StL), and I doubt he'll be able to score consistently with tougher D's on his schedule coming up.
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:22 pm

gatorman1122 wrote:Meh, I did. (Traded him for McGahee)

Gore racked up points against 2 weak D's (Ari, StL), and I doubt he'll be able to score consistently with tougher D's on his schedule coming up.

If you can get a guy like mcgahee, it should be one of the fastest moves you ever make- I don't think he can keep this up for a full season, so if you get a solid back like mcgahee who is used to playing a full 16 game season in the NFL, do it.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby waterproof » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:36 pm

mcgahee is pretty damn nice. Now I have something to shoot for... but I doubt I can get that value.
waterproof
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle Eye

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:41 pm

Id hold on to him, especially in a ppr league. He seems to be their whole offense.

Yes they played weak defenses but their whole division is made up of weak defenses so he has a lot of favorable matchups.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:44 pm

Something that people always overlook is that defenses will start to learn what they need to do to slow him down. It happens a lot with guys who start off quick like this when they first get the starting job. It takes a while to figure out how to slow down and stop the guy, so he goes off early (see Willie Parker last season). Gore will likely still put up a pretty decent season, but the real test will be how he performs when teams start to figure him out, cuz they always do.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby waterproof » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:55 pm

mattb47 wrote:Something that people always overlook is that defenses will start to learn what they need to do to slow him down. It happens a lot with guys who start off quick like this when they first get the starting job. It takes a while to figure out how to slow down and stop the guy, so he goes off early (see Willie Parker last season). Gore will likely still put up a pretty decent season, but the real test will be how he performs when teams start to figure him out, cuz they always do.

wasn't Parker in a committee? It's something to think about thou...
waterproof
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk