Time to sell high of FRANK GORE? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Time to sell high of FRANK GORE?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby smackthefirst » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:50 pm

No real goal line plays yesterday. Robinson did come in and spell on I believe 4 plays all game. Nothing major to be cnocerned about (yet), but I don't think it will be a big factor. Gore has fumbled at the goal line and away from the goal line, all on plays where he was fighting. Yesterday, by his own admission, he was thinking about the fumbles too much early in the game. His fumble came on the first series.

Then ABryant told him to calm down and not worry about it on every carry, that it had to be natural, and from there on out Gore held onto the ball nicely.

I'm still hoping he can work past the fumbles, and I realize it wasn't something that would happen overnight.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:10 pm

dilydaly wrote:"Time to sell high of FRANK GORE?"

time to realize Gore is a one week week wonder!!!!!

or 2

no one in my league wants him for much, if your league has any skillz it will be the same too theres no selling gore high its getting rid of gore b4 hes worthless

wake up call my friend,

since when did he become worthless??? you act as if he is a talentless rb, he is still one of the few who carries the full workload, i saw no signs of hicks and robinson spelling him....and i wouldnt make any rash decisions until they play oakland next week....

bryant and gore are still pro bowlers, even if SF as a team sucks....and gore wasnt a top 3 pick, or first few rd's anyway, i got him outright for bush so im very happy and will stick it out...trade away over a few bad games if you wish, but id keep him 2 or 3 more weeks to see what happens, his value will shoot back up, if you trade now you wont get much
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby dilydaly » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:34 pm

my post which you highlighted says before he becomes worthless, thats not the same thing as worthless.

this guy has 4 fumbles in as many games hicks is healthy now who was barlow back up and robinson is the talk in camp, I think gore has ppl on his heels if he becomes a rbbc he becomes worthless IMO.

Seems he is almost there if he is losing goaline carries, thats usually first then then b4 you know it that guy is getting the ball half the game.

We have all seen this occur many times, I also dont know where or why you state he is one of the few who carries the work load he got goaline carries taken from him and I can name more teams that start one Rb than 2...

I know your a Gore fan and I didnt mean to piss in your cheerios just saying my opinions based on some facts.

Semper Fi'
War is delightful to those who have not experienced it.
-- Desiderius Erasmus
dilydaly
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:44 pm

dilydaly wrote:my post which you highlighted says before he becomes worthless, thats not the same thing as worthless.

this guy has 4 fumbles in as many games hicks is healthy now who was barlow back up and robinson is the talk in camp, I think gore has ppl on his heels if he becomes a rbbc he becomes worthless IMO.

Seems he is almost there if he is losing goaline carries, thats usually first then then b4 you know it that guy is getting the ball half the game.

We have all seen this occur many times, I also dont know where or why you state he is one of the few who carries the work load he got goaline carries taken from him and I can name more teams that start one Rb than 2...

I know your a Gore fan and I didnt mean to piss in your cheerios just saying my opinions based on some facts.

Semper Fi'

Sounds like you're trying to add Gore on the cheap... :-b
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby smackthefirst » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:50 pm

Dilydaly,

I don't care where you stand on Gore because some are high on him (me) and some are low on him (you) but you're slightly off base on a few things. First, Hicks was not the backup to Barlow last year. He was the backup to both Barlow and Gore. In 2005 Gore got 142 touches compared to Hicks 71. Exactly double. This year Gore has 91 touches compared to Hicks 7 and Robinson's 14. That's 77% of the touches going to Gore as the RB. That is what we all mean by one of the few RB's that can do it all for their team.

Even better from those numbers is the fact that Gore has 4 fumbles out of 91 touches (4.4%) and good old Hicks has 1 fumble in 7 touches (14.3%). So even that point doesn't work out too well right now.

Now do I think Gore will continue to have ups and downs? Oh yes because SF in general will have ups and downs. Could Gore lose goal line carries? It's possible, but that is the case for every team. He's got 4 fumbles right now and still hasn't lost them so none of us can say what will happen. But the ending fact to me is that Gore is the most talented back on that team and has shown that he will most likely be the playmaker for them.
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dilydaly » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:18 pm

CASE CLOSED!!!!!!

great stat smack the first

"Even better from those numbers is the fact that Gore has 4 fumbles out of 91 touches (4.4%) and good old Hicks has 1 fumble in 7 touches (14.3%). So even that point doesn't work out too well right now."

you got me there my friend and I see you did your due dilly regarding hicks, I dont know why in my head I thought he was number 2 last year

you are right im not high on Gore I feel he had 2 awesome games but not impressed with the dst's he faced or the fumbles.

I think its a matter of time b4 a rbbc hits san fran , thats why I posted b4 he becomes worthless if the fumbles continue no one can say this may not become the situation.

anyway great reply

D
War is delightful to those who have not experienced it.
-- Desiderius Erasmus
dilydaly
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby smackthefirst » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:34 pm

Don't let me fool anyone, I am jsut as nervous as the rest. I just look at Gore as being the lone bright spot (now) on SF and he does have a nice upside. And at this point, his value has fallen to the point where you wouldn't get much in return.

Trust me this year has been a little rough. I'm stuck with RMoss (can't trade him for anything except kickers) and Gore (value was up but down now). My bright spot is KJones who I've sworn by having a nice year this year. But with my RMoss and Gore slides, I'm worried now KJones will go through the same. Oh decisions, decisions. And to make it worse, I have SJAx and he has the same bye as Gore.
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheDiplomats » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:53 pm

I expect Robinson to get goal-line carries in Oakland.

The niners aren't even signing Gore to a long term contract yet because they don't think he can hold up for an entire season.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:54 pm

dilydaly wrote:I know your a Gore fan and I didnt mean to piss in your cheerios just saying my opinions based on some facts.

no need for smart replies, just because i have my opinions as well as others that doesnt make me a gore fan, i could care less, just like you arent a gore "hater" because of your views....

my point was to say, the niners arent pulling the plug on gore, they just approached him about a long term contract, they want to sure up some of their younger players now and build around them, gore being one....they are not ready to start chopping his carries in half for hicks, last week showed no signs of that as well....

robinson the talk around camp ? you would have to show me some links to assess that, thats far from the truth....he has been the talk of fantasy lately and his work load last week showed people speculated and jumped the gun on him, there werent even any goal line carries last week, and robinson barely saw the field....

gore has oakland next week, but regardless, the man is healthy, he got off to a great start, now if you want to argue his great start was a fluke you can just as well argue his slow 2 little games were a fluke as well....but if you are an owner my recomendation would be if you really feel you want to trade, fine, but trade after next week when his stock goes up some and you get an idea of what to expect from him....but i would rather wait it out more weeks instead of letting a few fumbles scare you off, if you can get top dollar value go ahead, but he's not worth trading if you dont get production in return because even in between the 20's with no goal line's he will still produce ala julius jones...
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Football Talk