greatest career of all time - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

greatest career of all time

Moderator: Football Moderators

greatest career of all time

Postby DrewBledsoeRox89 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:13 pm

So i just wanted to make this topic. OF all NFL players of all time who do you think had the greatest all around career. Your selection should be based off like stats, championships, public appeal, reavnue, and like how key they were to a franchise. or ne other catagories u can think of, but I just don't want it to be like entirly stat based or nuthing.

I was thinking Bret Favre had to be the guy, but I wanna see who you guys think it is. Favre only has had 1 losing season, him and Reggie White revived a dead franchise. He is beloved by Wisconsin and most people who know anything about him think of him as a great person, this includes his aid for katrina (I know people who lived in areas that he himself direcly aided.) He has suffered greatly in his life, but overcome adcersity to still remain a great NFL player. He is top 3 in all the QB stats, he has a ring and he gets paid. 3 time MVP in a row, plus he used to be in a lot of commercials.

All right lets hear what u guys gotta say
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
DrewBledsoeRox89
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:12 pm

Great question. I'd have to say Walter Payton. I dare say, he's the most beloved football player I've ever heard of. The way former and current players speak about him, you'd swear he was Mother Teresa. Just an outstanding human being and easily one of the top three greatest running backs to ever play the game. Capped off his career with a Super Bowl victory and ended his career with the most rushing yards of anyone in NFL history.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:18 pm

Jerry Rice. Leading EVERYTHING WR and 3 rings.

Tom Brady could surpass him if he keeps up his success.

;-D
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DrewBledsoeRox89 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:19 pm

I love Payton, but like besides his great numbers, idk like he didn't save the Bears frahnchise or nething liek Favre or Manning. But I wasn't alive when PAyton was dominating the field, so I don't know how big a star he was like nationwide back then. I live in Chicago and I don't know peple barely ever even talk about sweetness.

I mean people always dissrespecting Payton, for stupid reasons liek not scoring a TD in the super bowl. But there is no questioning Iron man Favre, he is a god. I just hope that this whole INT thing doesn't effect people judging him, I mean that really shouldnt stain his amazing career.
DrewBledsoeRox89
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mysticphysh » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:20 pm

DrewBledsoeRox89 wrote:I love Payton, but like besides his great numbers, idk like he didn't save the Bears frahnchise or nething liek Favre or Manning. But I wasn't alive when PAyton was dominating the field, so I don't know how big a star he was like nationwide back then. I live in Chicago and I don't know peple barely ever even talk about sweetness.

I mean people always dissrespecting Payton, for stupid reasons liek not scoring a TD in the super bowl. But there is no questioning Iron man Favre, he is a god. I just hope that this whole INT thing doesn't effect people judging him, I mean that really shouldnt stain his amazing career.

Madden, is that you?? O:-)
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:20 am

mysticphysh wrote:
DrewBledsoeRox89 wrote:I love Payton, but like besides his great numbers, idk like he didn't save the Bears frahnchise or nething liek Favre or Manning. But I wasn't alive when PAyton was dominating the field, so I don't know how big a star he was like nationwide back then. I live in Chicago and I don't know peple barely ever even talk about sweetness.

Madden, is that you?? O:-)

You cut off Brett Favre's arms and legs, he's still the best torso in football. :-b
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:00 am

Joe Montana...period.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby stomperrob » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:46 pm

Some of that was already covered in here:
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... hp?t=58167
Myself, I'd go for Payton or Montana.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:59 pm

Jerry Rice.

The way he produced consistently through different QBs/teams. Sure he had Montana to start his career. But he continued to produce with Steve Young and then Jeff Garcia. I think he event looked great with Elvis Grbac at the helm of the Niners' offense. Plus the way he lifted Oaklnad's offense in his last few years was quite an accomplishment for an old man.

The come back from a devastating knee injury was also very impressive.

The clutch presence.

What's not to love about the guy!
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby DrewBledsoeRox89 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:04 pm

I love Jerry Rice, but I love how u said he produced with Montana, and then said but even with Steve Young he still profuced. Steve Young is a super bowl champion/hall of famer, plus he won that mascot race last monday night, lol. He's no pushover
DrewBledsoeRox89
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk