Fantasy Players = Children.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Fantasy Players = Children....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Fantasy Players = Children....

Postby fraquar » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:16 pm

bmmac27 wrote:.....I thought it was more than fair, seriously....people over valuing players is getting on my nerves...

I'm not judjing you but I will give my opinion. When it comes to trading I take this approach:

If I feel like I HAVE to trade to get better, then it means I didn't do my homework before the draft - especially after just 2 weeks.

Now I'm not suggesting people not trade - but just understand that sometimes no matter what the offer, some owners want to see their hard work and preparation they put into the draft actually come to fruitiion - otherwise why even attend the draft to begin with. They certainly shouldn't feel obligated to trade away anything just for the sake of trading. Some people refer to that like you do as "overvaluing" a player - I refer to it as I'd like to see the fruits of my labor (draft) win a title and there is no better feeling than that when it happens because it means I outsmarted my competition from the opening bell to the end of the season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm one of those type owners and I'll give you my perspective on that trade. The guy you are trying to trade with has a potenial Championship caliber team - and you are tying to break that up.

Rudi = Top 5 fantasy stud RB.

What you offered:

K.J. = Fantasy wasteland - and K.J wouldn't even see playing time on his roster except for the bye week behind Gore, Edge and Bush. In fact K.J is not a very good fit for Mike Martz offfense to begin with.
Housh = no better than what he already has at WR (not to mention he's hurt). It's not like Housh is Chad Johnson or anything.
Gates = Fantasy stud TE but depending on the scoring that could be moot (especially if the roster makeup makes TE's like Gates close to obsolete). Then again with all those studs he's got he can afford to go with a TE like say Ben Watson and still destroy most opposition.

There is no way on the planet I' make that trade and personally I can't envision any scoring system where that trade would give me an advantage that I wouldn't already have with the current roster.
fraquar
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flyn high again » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:40 pm

The thread starter is right when he says that some guys overvalue their players.

I tried to trade either Warrick Dunn or Frank Gore [plus a throw in WR] for a hurt Steve Smith who has two hammy injuries and may not even play the whole season if one of them flares up again. Dunn is leading the league in yardage and Gore is off to a huge points start. Guy wouldn't even think about the trade. Told me to stop "drooling" over Smith. He's an injured wide receiver for goodness sake. Sure he might be stellar but he also might be a bust this year. I was taking a chance on his health and offering either of two bonafide #1 RBs. The trade would have helped both our teams.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bmmac27 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:37 pm

points taken......fair enough.........maybe I jumped the gun on this whole thing..........I can admit when I'm wrong.....and in this case it looks like I very well may be in the wrong.....
bmmac27
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:10 pm

not that your definately wrong....one thing could be, i dont take trades for one of my players, and 3 of another, as good as it may be, if he likes his bench like i do, that would mean i would have to drop 2 players, i like to trade one for one, or 2 of mine for one of his and free up room to go pick up...i dont like trades where i have to drop a player because that room is important...coulda been to that...
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby charliebrown327 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:45 pm

While I don't blame the Rudi owner for not taking the trade, I agree that that can be a really annoying problem. This week LT's owner is starting him on bye. He's only got 2 RBs on his roster, and he apparently doesn't want to part with his backup K or his #6 WR to fill a complete lineup.
charliebrown327
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting