Post the worst fantasy draft pick you've ever witnessed. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Post the worst fantasy draft pick you've ever witnessed.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:51 pm

To get on topic, worst pick I've ever personally seen at a draft was Troy Brown in the 2nd round last year. We had to stop the draft after that one, the commish went around and checked everyone's cheatsheets... 2 out 12 owners had him on there. And no, this wasn't an IDP league either.
Last edited by Kensat30 on Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bowie » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:52 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Did you even play fantasy football in 2002? 2001 was his rookie year. He started hot and then faded down the stretch. That San Diego team was terrible... HE wasn't a lock as a top choice or even a first round pick the following year like he is nowadays.

I didn't see that it was from 2002 (and no, I didn't play then). My mistake. Sorry for the snark.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bulger2holt » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:21 pm

12 team money league, and a new guy this year picked lundy in rd 2. He was really excited about him also. I guess he read in a ff book that lundy was going to be a sleeper, he just figured he better get him about 7 rounds early to make sure. LOL
bulger2holt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SniperShot » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:29 pm

bulger2holt wrote:12 team money league, and a new guy this year picked lundy in rd 2. He was really excited about him also. I guess he read in a ff book that lundy was going to be a sleeper, he just figured he better get him about 7 rounds early to make sure. LOL
See so many people who are new to fantasy football do so much like this. Sleepers are ment to be sleepers. But hey what can you say other than hope like heck that sleeper wakes up! Heh what a crazy pick.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:01 pm

This year we had a first year player, and my god his picks were horrible. I was laughing. Here are his results upto round 4:

Round 1, Pick 7 - Randy Moss
Round 2, Pick 14 - Steve McNair
Round 3, Pick 27 - Derrick Mason
Round 4, Pick 34 - Chris Cooley

As you can see, he has gone 0-2 with the fewest points scored. Sad, really sad.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Carnac » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:23 pm

I think 2004. Vinny Testaverde in the first round. Huge Jets fan. Wow. We all smiled.
Golf nut
Carnac
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Andy1234 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:28 pm

Last year: Vick #1 overall

This year one guy had his super sleeper as Tiki Barber, who went #5 overall. The guy tried to draft him in the 6th round.
Stewie: [hitting on some co-eds] I must say, the most recent campus sporting event was quite spectacular.
Co-ed: Aw. Are you in a fraternity, little boy?
Stewie: Not yet, but I'm thinking of joining I Felta Thigh.
Andy1234
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hakeem34 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:39 pm

I gotta call myself out here. Two years ago (my first FF season), I took Mike Vick with my first pick. He was so exciting on tv! How could he not be the cornerstone of my team for the next decade...? Ah, sweet, naiive Me....
hakeem34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby spodog » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:33 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Worst fantasy pick I've ever seen?

I saw someone take Peyton Manning in the mid-1st round this year. Swear to God I'm not making this stuff up.

This probably happened in hundreds of leagues. Don't think Peyton Manning in Round 1 qualifies for worst pick ever by any stretch of the imagination.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby spodog » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:39 pm

OK, better bust out a few since I started this thread . . .

first one
many years back, we had a clueless guy draft Klaus Wilmsmeyer in about Round 5 or 6. At the time, Klaus was the PUNTER for the San Francisco 49'ers. Our scoring format at that time was a FG and TD ONLY scoring format, no performance scoring. There was not even a starting spot for Punters in our league starting lineup.

second
We had a guy draft Deion Sanders when he was playing DB for the Falcons. The league was NOT an IDP league, and only used Team defenses. This was well before any team had ever used Deoin for fill-in duty at the WR spot.

:~(
[/b]
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk