Time for some serious Travis Henry talk... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Time for some serious Travis Henry talk...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:21 pm

Warpigs, first off, I wanna sincerly thank you for providing such deep and thorough analysis. I found your work to be very helpful! ;-D

I agree with you as well, if Henry hadn't of gotten injured, I don't think anybody would have jumped on the "get rid of Henry" boat quite so fast...sure he's dropped some passes here or there, but he's still a strong back! His hands aren't the greatest in the world, and the dropped passes we see are due to that. But he is a talented back that produces great numbers when Bledsoe is either:
A - Passing the ball well and building up a lead for Henry to run on
B - Searching for a way to take the pressure off of him...that's where Henry comes into play

Right now, I say give him a couple weeks to bounce back, and see what he does. I believe he'll post strong numbers in the weeks to come
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Warpigs » Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:52 pm

Any other Henry feedback? The more we get here, the better informed we all will be on Travis
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Willis McGahee

Postby blueonion » Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:39 pm

I do not have Travis Henry in any leagues, so I do not keep up with him as much as I would like.

I seem to recall that Travis Henry has (or had) a minor fumbling problem at some time.

I also know, according to league rules that Willis McGahee can begin practicing with the team on October 13, ten days away.

the BlueOnion
blueonion
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby cameltoe » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:49 pm

Henry took part in 40 percent of Friday's practice and remains questionable for Sunday's game against the Bengals
cameltoe
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby cameltoe » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:51 pm

Here was the full piece out of ESPN...

Halfback Travis Henry took part in 40 percent of Friday's practice and remains questionable for Sunday's game against the Bengals. His ribs are still bothering him. The thought is that maybe Henry will be active but that's not a guarantee because of the pain around his ribs. He has damaged cartilage. Joe Burns is emerging as a more likely starter with the possibility of Henry, who missed last week's game, being on the active roster as an insurance policy. Halfback Sammy Morris is about a week away from returning from his sports hernia surgery and will miss this game.
cameltoe
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Willis McGahee

Postby Buckychudd » Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:31 pm

blueonion wrote:I seem to recall that Travis Henry has (or had) a minor fumbling problem at some time.

This is part of the problem....

With this kind of injury a flack jacket would really help him be back faster. But there is no way Buffalo is going to let him play with a flack jacket and his history of fumbling.

I don't expect to see him this weekend, and I'd be suprised to see him next.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Ender_ffc » Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:51 pm

This bad for Henry news is good news for me. With Jamal Lewis and C. Martin on a bye and Dillion out, I'm down to starting Burns and DeShawn Foster this week. :-o
Ender_ffc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jebatzel » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:18 pm

I thought I had it bad starting Burns and S. Davis.

GL

JB
jebatzel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikehunt » Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:29 am

Man this is some great thoughts here on Henry and the what could or might happen. It is tough sometime to wrap your head around what an organization might do and who will be where and when. The thing is you have to remeber play it as it is. Meaning Henry is the RB in Buf until he is sideline for good by injury or replaced don't get off his bus. My personal expireance has been at the start of the season I freaked and wanted to move LT and Faulk cause of worry that there teams are going to the heap. Now I am glad I didn't. I could have help some one and messed myself up. Fantasy is always discouraging but you have to trust your team and your initial instincts or ya just spend the time wondering all the time. I honestly believe you'll Henry with a good finish no matter what.

My disadvantge is I don't have the acess to Ncaa players as you all (my american counterparts) do. So all the rookies that are up and comingI never really know how good the are till they play. Which sucks so I can't give a "what to do " with Mcgahee situation. I can say this if in any possiable team where you have a #1RB always try to cover your bases with his back-up. My biggest example I used my 18th pic for Gordon and it turned out grand for me. So I would suggest this but don't give up on Henry.

I know i am not giving stats or who is better or worse. Hope this helps someone.

Mike
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:36 pm

I am in a keeper league, and nobody wants Henry, so I really need him to come back.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk