Frank Gore????? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Frank Gore?????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ampant » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:55 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:This is a bad post - "Frank Gore????" does not belong in the injury thread... you scared the crap out of me. :-°


This is injuries & player updates. not just injuries.
Image
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4938
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: All stressed up with no place to go

Re: Frank Gore?????

Postby GameDay_Zombies » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:18 pm

ColtsFan27 wrote:
GameDay_Zombies wrote:Frank Gore has been very good thus far and I am feeling good about picking him as a sleeper in all 3 of my leagues but will he keep it up??

He is looking like the next lamont Jordan.


He's way better than Lamont Jordan...........IMO


I was refering to last years Lamont Jordan (productive back on a bad team)
GameDay_Zombies
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1160
(Past Year: 40)
Joined: 29 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby a4ce » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:23 am

Could it be? Say it ain't so. Norv Turner is a RB genius! Did it with Emmitt. Did it with SDavis when he was with the 'Skins. I think.
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 984
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 19 May 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Aiea, Hawaii

Re: Frank Gore?????

Postby Crippler » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:13 am

ColtsFan27 wrote:
GameDay_Zombies wrote:Frank Gore has been very good thus far and I am feeling good about picking him as a sleeper in all 3 of my leagues but will he keep it up??

He is looking like the next lamont Jordan.


He's way better than Lamont Jordan...........IMO


No chance. Lamont had a great entire season last year. Gore has only had 2 good games. He could easily blow it next week and everyone would (and probably will) be kicking themselves for not selling him high. I'd get rid of him now when he's way overvalued behind that awful 49er line.
Image

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1946
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Twisted Sister » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:13 am

ampant wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:This is a bad post - "Frank Gore????" does not belong in the injury thread... you scared the crap out of me. :-°


This is injuries & player updates. not just injuries.


Don't want to get nitpicky... but the majority of threads are on injuries. Plus, there is not a shred of "injury" or "update" news/material in the original post.

Edit: I see the mods moved the thread.

BTW - IF Gore can put up good numbers against the Eagles... his stock goes through the roof... who has the guts to take that gamble? Eagles are going to be fired up after that loss to the Giants - plus they shutdown Tiki's rushing.

I'm taking the gamble - ONE MORE WEEK ;-D
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2822
Joined: 19 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:26 am

Twisted Sister wrote:
ampant wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:This is a bad post - "Frank Gore????" does not belong in the injury thread... you scared the crap out of me. :-°


This is injuries & player updates. not just injuries.


Don't want to get nitpicky... but the majority of threads are on injuries. Plus, there is not a shred of "injury" or "update" news/material in the original post.

Edit: I see the mods moved the thread.

BTW - IF Gore can put up good numbers against the Eagles... his stock goes through the roof... who has the guts to take that gamble? Eagles are going to be fired up after that loss to the Giants - plus they shutdown Tiki's rushing.

I'm taking the gamble - ONE MORE WEEK ;-D


As long as you're looking at it the way that you are that makes complete sense. You're absolutely right - IF he puts up a 100 yard day and hits paydirt at least once his value skyrockets and people start the inevitable comparisons to the fantasy production of the big 3. You put together a package deal and get LJ coming off the bye week and laugh all the way to the bank. It's a calculated risk. You just have to look at your team and decide whether you need to play it safe or go for broke.
The Loveable Losers Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 482
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:31 am

The Loveable Losers wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:
ampant wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:This is a bad post - "Frank Gore????" does not belong in the injury thread... you scared the crap out of me. :-°


This is injuries & player updates. not just injuries.


Don't want to get nitpicky... but the majority of threads are on injuries. Plus, there is not a shred of "injury" or "update" news/material in the original post.

Edit: I see the mods moved the thread.

BTW - IF Gore can put up good numbers against the Eagles... his stock goes through the roof... who has the guts to take that gamble? Eagles are going to be fired up after that loss to the Giants - plus they shutdown Tiki's rushing.

I'm taking the gamble - ONE MORE WEEK ;-D


As long as you're looking at it the way that you are that makes complete sense. You're absolutely right - IF he puts up a 100 yard day and hits paydirt at least once his value skyrockets and people start the inevitable comparisons to the fantasy production of the big 3. You put together a package deal and get LJ coming off the bye week and laugh all the way to the bank. It's a calculated risk. You just have to look at your team and decide whether you need to play it safe or go for broke.


if he puts up 100 and a score vs philly youre still gonna have to package him and a top wideout for LJ. and kc looks like garbage this year.

if he puts up 100 and a score vs philly i dont see any reason to move the stud unless someone overpays you, not vic versa.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2131
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago.

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:52 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:BTW - IF Gore can put up good numbers against the Eagles... his stock goes through the roof... who has the guts to take that gamble? Eagles are going to be fired up after that loss to the Giants - plus they shutdown Tiki's rushing.

I'm taking the gamble - ONE MORE WEEK ;-D


As long as you're looking at it the way that you are that makes complete sense. You're absolutely right - IF he puts up a 100 yard day and hits paydirt at least once his value skyrockets and people start the inevitable comparisons to the fantasy production of the big 3. You put together a package deal and get LJ coming off the bye week and laugh all the way to the bank. It's a calculated risk. You just have to look at your team and decide whether you need to play it safe or go for broke.


if he puts up 100 and a score vs philly youre still gonna have to package him and a top wideout for LJ. and kc looks like garbage this year.

if he puts up 100 and a score vs philly i dont see any reason to move the stud unless someone overpays you, not vic versa.


With the deals I've seen some people making for Gore lately I don't think you'll have to give up much with him to get LJ. In a league where we keep 3 guys I got Tatum Bell, Lundy (before the Gado trade) and a 1st round draft pick for him. He's good...but I don't think he's quite that good. And that was after week 1...I can only imagine what a great performance against Philly could do.

Most people want to be the one that found the 'next Larry Johnson'. They want to be the one that gets that sleeper that breaks out. That's something that can help you add value to your team in a situation like this.
The Loveable Losers Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 482
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:07 am

The Loveable Losers wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:BTW - IF Gore can put up good numbers against the Eagles... his stock goes through the roof... who has the guts to take that gamble? Eagles are going to be fired up after that loss to the Giants - plus they shutdown Tiki's rushing.

I'm taking the gamble - ONE MORE WEEK ;-D


As long as you're looking at it the way that you are that makes complete sense. You're absolutely right - IF he puts up a 100 yard day and hits paydirt at least once his value skyrockets and people start the inevitable comparisons to the fantasy production of the big 3. You put together a package deal and get LJ coming off the bye week and laugh all the way to the bank. It's a calculated risk. You just have to look at your team and decide whether you need to play it safe or go for broke.


if he puts up 100 and a score vs philly youre still gonna have to package him and a top wideout for LJ. and kc looks like garbage this year.

if he puts up 100 and a score vs philly i dont see any reason to move the stud unless someone overpays you, not vic versa.


With the deals I've seen some people making for Gore lately I don't think you'll have to give up much with him to get LJ. In a league where we keep 3 guys I got Tatum Bell, Lundy (before the Gado trade) and a 1st round draft pick for him. He's good...but I don't think he's quite that good. And that was after week 1...I can only imagine what a great performance against Philly could do.

Most people want to be the one that found the 'next Larry Johnson'. They want to be the one that gets that sleeper that breaks out. That's something that can help you add value to your team in a situation like this.


well imo you got completely ripped in that deal. you got lundy whos nothing, tatum nothing but a rbbc back and a # 30-40 pick in next years draft(everyone keeps 3 right?). we'll see i guess.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 2131
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Chicago.

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:19 am

Most backs in the league are in a RBBC this year. I already flipped Tatum though and added more to the draft for next year as well as got the space in my lineup to play Maroney.

I've said it earlier in the thread...Gore is a good running back. But he'll be pushing it on SF to finish in the top-10. He may make it, he may not, but he's not a guaranteed top-10 back even if he stays healthy (which is another big question mark). If SF gets down by too much they're going to have to pass and while Gore's a good pass catching rb I'd imagine he'd be the outlet as opposed to the primary target. Bryant, Battle, Davis and others will get their's as well so unless the SF defense finds a way to stop the other teams Gore won't be running the football enough to stay in the top-10 consistantly.
The Loveable Losers Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 482
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 14:01 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact