Frank Gore????? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Frank Gore?????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:35 am

I love Gore as my RB3/flex this year!

I also have to love having Willie Parker and Thomas Jones as #4 and 5!
Last edited by Verdun Barbarians on Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:41 am

The Loveable Losers wrote:Most backs in the league are in a RBBC this year. I already flipped Tatum though and added more to the draft for next year as well as got the space in my lineup to play Maroney.

I've said it earlier in the thread...Gore is a good running back. But he'll be pushing it on SF to finish in the top-10. He may make it, he may not, but he's not a guaranteed top-10 back even if he stays healthy (which is another big question mark). If SF gets down by too much they're going to have to pass and while Gore's a good pass catching rb I'd imagine he'd be the outlet as opposed to the primary target. Bryant, Battle, Davis and others will get their's as well so unless the SF defense finds a way to stop the other teams Gore won't be running the football enough to stay in the top-10 consistantly.

hey jordan was a top 10 back last year in that norv turner backed oakland offense. basically oakland and san fran have flip flopped offenses from last year.

norv turner is the key here. and with the weapons san fran has i see no reason why gore isnt a top ten back from here on out.
Last edited by The Miner Part 2 on Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Twisted Sister » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:49 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:Most backs in the league are in a RBBC this year. I already flipped Tatum though and added more to the draft for next year as well as got the space in my lineup to play Maroney.

I've said it earlier in the thread...Gore is a good running back. But he'll be pushing it on SF to finish in the top-10. He may make it, he may not, but he's not a guaranteed top-10 back even if he stays healthy (which is another big question mark). If SF gets down by too much they're going to have to pass and while Gore's a good pass catching rb I'd imagine he'd be the outlet as opposed to the primary target. Bryant, Battle, Davis and others will get their's as well so unless the SF defense finds a way to stop the other teams Gore won't be running the football enough to stay in the top-10 consistantly.

Excellent point... I like what I'm hearing. :-b

hey jordan was a top 10 back last year in that norv turner back oakland offense. basically oakland and san fran have flip flopped offenses from last year.

norv turner is the key here. and with the weapons san fran has i see no reason why gore isnt a top ten back from here on out.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DrGeeves » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:59 am

I was just offered Owens for Gore straight up. I am seriously considering it. Would you do it?
DrGeeves
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:01 pm

DrGeeves wrote:I was just offered Owens for Gore straight up. I am seriously considering it. Would you do it?

Kinda wrong forum for this one... but I personnally try to stay away from Owens as much as possible.
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:03 pm

DrGeeves wrote:I was just offered Owens for Gore straight up. I am seriously considering it. Would you do it?

depends what your wideout and rb situation looks like.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:05 pm

first off, anyone who still thinks "i dont wanna play a SF player ever week" is not going to benefit, get that out of your head, that was last year...this year that teams oakland...gore, bryant, and smith are good enough to start every week....

secondly, frank gore has ALWAYS been a solid back, just been healthy for the first time...he was on the same team as portis and mcgahee, or should i say the same backfield, and we see how they turned out...he has a ceiling as high as those 2 do, id start gore over mcgahee this year if i had him...

you have to start gore even in tough match ups...or else face him putting up great numbers again on your bench
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby DrGeeves » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:14 pm

Sorry about that - posted in the correct forum.
Last edited by DrGeeves on Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrGeeves
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Fireball Express » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:20 pm

That is exactly the reason why I wouldn't trade him. He is not in a RBBC. He is the center of that offense. He'll be in there on the goal line. He'll be in there on 3rd down. He'll be in there when they are winning. He'll be in there when they are losing. A lot of this game we play is about opportunity.

Have faith in Norv Turner. He's made gold out of almost every starting RB in his system.

"How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of Gore, Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your Overlords!" - Zep
Fireball Express
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:24 pm

DrGeeves wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:

depends what your wideout and rb situation looks like.

RB: Barber, Cadillac, Gore, T. Bell, Maroney

WR: Ward, DJax, TJ Housh, Clayton, Galloway

So the trade would seriously bolster my WRs if/when Owens ever gets healthy, but cost me some RB depth.

Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't do it.

yea wrong forum.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk