Frank Gore????? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Frank Gore?????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:36 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:Most backs in the league are in a RBBC this year. I already flipped Tatum though and added more to the draft for next year as well as got the space in my lineup to play Maroney.

I've said it earlier in the thread...Gore is a good running back. But he'll be pushing it on SF to finish in the top-10. He may make it, he may not, but he's not a guaranteed top-10 back even if he stays healthy (which is another big question mark). If SF gets down by too much they're going to have to pass and while Gore's a good pass catching rb I'd imagine he'd be the outlet as opposed to the primary target. Bryant, Battle, Davis and others will get their's as well so unless the SF defense finds a way to stop the other teams Gore won't be running the football enough to stay in the top-10 consistantly.

You do realize that Gore has nearly 100 yards receiving in 2 games right? That he has already amassed 300 yards and 3 TDs in just two games right? Do you realize what you just gave away for Tatum Bell and peanuts? Frank Gore is the NUMBER TWO RB in all of fantasy football right now behind Ladanian Tomlinson. "He'll be pushing it to finish top-10" 8-o

This guy is SF's primary option in every way shape and form. He has as many catches as their #1 WR right now. He is carrying the ball on 95% of the designed running plays right now. You argue how more and more NFL teams turn to RBBC nowadays, yet you basically give away one of the few guys that not only carries the bulk of the load, he carries the ENTIRE load. The only major drawback to Gore that I see, is the potential for injury just because he is touching the ball so damn much.

Seems to me like you are playing for next year because you don't wanna believe in what Gore is doing and/or can do in the future. And all to put Maroney in your lineup (about 6 games prematurely). Maroney + Gore coulda carried you to the title man...
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:43 pm

I just don't see them throwing that much to Gore the entire season. They have other weapons and if they're playing from behind they're going to be throwing. Time will tell but I think he's going to end up on the bubble for the top-10...not bad but certainly not the value people want to give him right now.
The Loveable Losers Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:49 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:I just don't see them throwing that much to Gore the entire season. They have other weapons and if they're playing from behind they're going to be throwing. Time will tell but I think he's going to end up on the bubble for the top-10...not bad but certainly not the value people want to give him right now.

so if theyre playing from behind the d plays back and only rushes 4 leaving underneath open for gore. exactly like what happened for lamont last year.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby clmor » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:00 pm

So many confusing things in this thread.

As far as the trade -- that is one of the MOST confusing things. If you had doubts or lacked confidence in Gore -- why draft him? Why not just draft Bell or something. But -- a lot of the preseason "doubt" has been alleviated through the 1st two games. As things to doubt on Gore have started to wane -- MORE doubts have bubbled up on the players you mentioned. Bell and Lundy -- before or AFTER the Gado trade -- had as many if not more doubts than Gore. Now, Gore goes out and - so far - has exceeded ALL expectations and people want to get rid of him?

Right now, I think we have a very small sample size (my poker play transitioning to FF :) ) to go by but -- that sample has produced fantastic results. I can understand the trade getting LJ but, who else would you really want for him now? Sure, you can talk about the top picks say -- through pick 8 -- but, do you want to "sell high" on Gore for a higher/sexier pick? Jordan, McGahee, Caddy, Westbrook? I don't.

People keep bring up San Fran as a TEAM and what they can do. One, their schedule is nice and they have shown a commitment to Gore. But, beyond that, who cares about SAN as a whole. We are not talking about a team and their efforts of futility or what they will do over the course of a year -- we are talking about our collective FANTASY teams/rosters and what it will do to OUR final score. If the actual TEAM was so important and DICTATED the VALUE of players from a FANTASY perspective -- drafts and a teams make up would be SIGNIFIGANTLY different.

Just because a team is not great does NOT mean that that poorness makes all their players futile from a FANTASY perspective. For example, I targetted Bryant in EVERY $$$ league I'm in this year and -- in the ONE that I didn't get him I traded Ahman Green for him after the first week. Again, I don't care WHAT SAN does as a team -- I care what Bryant/Gore/etc. can do for my FANTASY roster. And, I'm sure the people that are holding onto Gore and/or Bryant and have reaped the rewards thus far are very happy that they took that mindset as opposed to the "what ifs" that are always easier to look at.

Sorry if that was a ramble :)
clmor
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:42 pm

I expect Gore to be a stud all year. Like it was mentioned before, his schedule is nice, Norv Turner is the OC, and Larry Allen didn't even play last week. Kensat said he is the No. 2 fantasy back behind LT, but he should be No. 1!!! He fumbled on the goalline last week or that would have given him successive weeks of 28 and 25 points!!

People say yeah but that was against AZ and StL. Let me ask you, what did Shaun Alexander do against AZ at HOME? 89 yards and 1TD, 14 fantasy points. I'm not saying SA is a bum. I'm just saying you can't really downplay Gore's production by saying well it was just against these 2 crappy defenses.

One of the biggest mistakes people make when they consider the value of players is they mix up name recognition and the past with future fantasy production, namely Lamont and Edge this year. I wasn't touching those guys with a 10 foot pole but everyone still had them ranked high because they were feature backs with good past production.

I have to tell you I wouldn't trade Gore for SA or LJ straight up, especially SA. People call me crazy but Shaun is really in trouble now that Womack is hurt for 6 weeks. LJ is definitely not the same guy w/o Roaf, Richardson, and Al Saunders. The one thing helping LJ is he is catching a number of passes. Shaun gets nearly 0 receiving yards. LJ has a really hard schedule too.

Mark it down and you can laugh at me later but I think Gore will outscore these 2 guys this year.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Twisted Sister » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:53 pm

Well there comes the point of when you have to recognize a true stud from a one-week wonder. I think the Eagles game will decide that for me... but the evidence is leaning heavily towards stud at this point.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:04 pm

Azrael wrote:I have to tell you I wouldn't trade Gore for SA or LJ straight up, especially SA. People call me crazy but Shaun is really in trouble now that Womack is hurt for 6 weeks. LJ is definitely not the same guy w/o Roaf, Richardson, and Al Saunders. The one thing helping LJ is he is catching a number of passes. Shaun gets nearly 0 receiving yards. LJ has a really hard schedule too.

Mark it down and you can laugh at me later but I think Gore will outscore these 2 guys this year.

Now that's a bold prediction.

I think losing Womack may actually be a blessing in disguise for SA. "Pork Chop" hadn't looked good, and Spencer's a more than adequate back-up.

I'm interested to see how Gore fares this week. That said, it's hard to find anything bad to say about Frank so far. This keeps up he'll likely be the Steal of '06.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby crimson knuckles » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:22 pm

Phillies defense is banged up pretty good w/ kearse and a few others suffering injuries...hopefully gore can take advantage
crimson knuckles
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby jdsun1 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:54 pm

Gore looks like he is questionable now, but he might lose goaline carries. Amazing how things can change so fast.
jdsun1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SirDunkALot » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:59 pm

I think Gore lost his goalline job.

Fumbles at the goalline for the past 3 weeks + Mike Robinson's good goalline running all but sealed it.
SirDunkALot
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk